We offer you
everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

Kung Fu Panda 2 Kinect released (US) after positive previews

05-24-2011, 11:11 PM
Kung Fu Panda 2 was already previewed by GameSpot and they concluded that the game was 'clearly focused on a younger audience', especially due to a not-so-hard highest difficulty setting. Besides GameSpot, also XboxAddict and GamingNexus had a chance to play before its release. (This game released in the US today, and is scheduled for release in the UK and Europe for the 10th of June.)

Let's see what they had to say. But before, that, checkout this gameplay trailer:
Kung Fu Panda 2 Gameplay
Kung Fu Panda 2 Previews
Controls are well done:
That's right folks, this is a Kinect title! Now before the naysayers can chime in, let me say that the studio seems to have gotten the controls down pat [...] the game makes full use of the Kinect peripheral (even the menu system requires full interaction).
Apparently kids have a blast with this game:
My kids had a great time beating up gorillas, wolves and Komodo dragons but it was the minigames that seemed to hold their attention.
And, Xbox Addict concludes it is a good purchase.
I am being very careful not to give away too much information in this preview but I'll say this 'its nice to have a new reason to activate the Kinect peripheral' and to be genuinely entertained, is a welcome addition to a movie tie-in title.
Gaming Nexus underlines this conclusion, as long as you have kids that are into Kung Fu Panda:
Fans of the series will feel right at home in the Valley of Peace, especially the kids. [...] The development team has created something that I think is the ultimate compliment to the film: an immersive experience that will bring fans “into” the world and allow them to feel like a part of it.
However, beware:
The preview copy I have, does have some issues and I'm hopeful that these issues will be addressed prior to the official release. If these issues are remedied (cough, load times, cough) I have no doubt that Kung Fu Panda can rate among the top Kinect titles released to date.
Luckily, Gaming Nexus opposes:
My only other concern with the title is the pacing early on; during the first few levels of the game, you will spend as much time watching loading screens as you do actually playing the game. This is something that isn’t much of an issue 2-3 chapters in, but the existence of the issue early on could turn a lot of gamers away from the start. I do recommend that you stick with it though because the overall experience provided by the game is worth it in the end.
Did you get the game yet? Any first impressions!? More Kung Fu Panda 2 below:

Kung Fu Panda 2 on XBOX 360, by THQ

UK / European release date: Friday the 10th of June, 2011
US already released!
Based on the movie, you become the furry Kung Fu panda Po with Kinect!
[buy game] [game news] [trailer] [screenshots] [preview] [achievements]

Source: XboxAddicts, Gaming Nexus.
Thanks CorellianRogue

From 123 Kinect Article: Kung Fu Panda 2 Kinect released (US) after positive previews
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

NOTE: Responding to threads is only done through Disqus in the Kinect News forum - to keep it in sync with he frontpage comments (no registration required):

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Wipeout in the Zone: positive preview raluca 0 25 05-28-2011 10:02 PM
Last Post: raluca
  Kinect Sports World Record T-Shirt released Clemens 0 173 05-12-2011 03:25 PM
Last Post: Clemens
  Kung Fu Panda 2 Kinect "Clearly for a younger audience" Clemens 0 335 05-12-2011 10:22 AM
  Kung Fu Panda 2 Achievements raluca 0 199 05-09-2011 10:06 PM
Last Post: raluca
  VIDEO: Kinect Previews on other websites Clemens 0 163 04-24-2011 08:47 PM
  Kinect's Kung Fu Panda 2 Debut Teaser Clemens 0 405 03-31-2011 11:32 AM