everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

Lurker joining the Kinected!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-17-2012, 04:50 PM
I come to this site almost every day for kinect info so I figured I should join up. I really appreciate all the news and reviews on the site and in the forum.

A little about me...
I have been a gamer since my dad got a pong console when I was very young. I've gamed through Atari, Intellivision, Collecovision, Comodore 64, Nintendo NES, Phillips CDi and PC gaming. Being.a former hardcore PC gamer I hadn't played or owned a console in many years before getting Xbox with kinect. I actually got it as a Christmas 2010 gift for my girlfriend and didn't know much about kinect and thought she might like to check it out. Well, to my surprise we were immediately addicted to Kinect.

These days the only games i really ever play are on my iPad or Kinect. We have about 25 Kinect games and really enjoy most of them. The only game I've played that was totally garbage material is Deca Sports. I really can't believe how terrible that game is.

The game I've been looking forward to most is Fable. I'm hoping to find time to write some reviews and become more active in the forum. So that's about it. Hi!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-17-2012, 05:37 PM
RE: Lurker joining the Kinected!
(04-17-2012 04:50 PM)RobynLove Wrote:  These days the only games i really ever play are on my iPad or Kinect. We have about 25 Kinect games and really enjoy most of them. The only game I've played that was totally garbage material is Deca Sports. I really can't believe how terrible that game is.

Trinity loves Deca! If you want to play it online, contact her. Smile

[Image: onlysublime.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
04-21-2012, 10:16 PM
Hi Robyn! Great to see you decided to sign up to the forums: Welcome!

Great to see you have around 25 Kinect games: that's wow, just wow! What would you say is the best showcase for Kinect - if you'd had to select from all those games?

Feel free to let me know if there's any way in which we can improve your experience.

[Image: CrackedDiviner.jpg]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-06-2012, 01:22 AM
Deca Sports
Menu system is extensive, but too many buttons on the screen. Also, you can make teams with different attributes (tall/short or fast/strong) which I think takes away random player AI unfairness, but again, too cumbersome to do.
Tennis Multiplayer
The funny thing about Deca is I really liked the Tennis in single player before Kinect Sports came out. If your arm was a couple of inches too high or low, like real life, you missed.
I gave a copy to a friend before KS as well. We finally played tennis last week & when we did, we could move our arms before the serve/play once the ball was hit, neither of us could move at all. Once the ball went past, our avatars moved their arms again. It was like programmed to not respond only when the ball was in play.
Archery
The archery works well, no problems. Big Grin
I haven't tried the other modes, but it just really sucks there isn't enough online multiplayer for Kinect titles.
I love Kinect Sports, but love the mini games more & wish that had a turn-based multiplayer as well.

RobynLove, if you still have Deca, I'd love to test the controls with you.

[Image: trinityqitrance.png]
Click 4 games list. Also on TrueAchievements, GamerTagPics & Youtube under this name.
Smile Must speak during games to add me.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Tongue Looking to get kinected . Mike1969 0 155 06-24-2012 07:38 AM
Last Post: Mike1969
  need kinected Krakken_3 0 368 01-22-2012 05:08 PM
Last Post: Krakken_3