We offer you
everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

Microsoft Having A Big Announcement At CES 2012?!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Microsoft Having A Big Announcement At CES 2012?!
12-10-2011, 06:12 AM
Exclamation Microsoft Having A Big Announcement At CES 2012?!
It looks like Microsoft could be having a big announcement at CES in January! Big GrinCould it be the rumoured announcement of the next-gen Xbox & Kinect 2 (just an announcement, probably for the end of 2012 at the earliest, don't worry they're not going to say "On sale now!" lol!) or is it something else? Evidence that there could be something big at CES are:
1.Microsoft have got a competition to win a trip to the CES, I don't remember there being a competition last year and it hints that there's going to be something very important that's worth going to the show for:

http://www.dualpixels.com/profiles/blogs...t-ces-2012

2. Microsoft has a CES keynote speech on January 9th at 6:30pm (I don't know what time zone they're referring to, presumably PST as the CES is in Las Vegas) and it will probably be broadcast by Spike TV as they have an exclusive deal to cover the show and they mention this about it:

Quote:featuring breaking news, interviews, and the unveiling of new video games and devices.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/10/spike-tv...es-confab/

I know there are always unveilings of all kinds of devices at CES but the fact that they say "new video games and devices" suggests that they're focusing on something videogame related rather than the latest toaster technology or something, lol! Especially since they're also broadcasting the VGAs (Video Game Awards) tomorrow, or rather later today. Also on the CES website it mentions this:

Quote:exclusive world premieres of new "must own" devices and video games

http://www.cesweb.org/news/releaseDetail.asp?id=12182

3. OK, this is a bit of a stretch but on the Spike TV website notice the pic next to the link for "The Biggest Moments In CES History", it could be a hint:

http://www.spike.com/events/all-access-ces/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2011, 02:05 PM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2011 02:06 PM by Clemens.)
RE: Microsoft Having A Big Announcement At CES 2012?!
Nice find Smile... maybe it has to do with Kinect for Windows (which we already know?). This is extremely big if they choose to unveil the actual new Kinect for Windows, in my view.

[Image: CrackedDiviner.jpg]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-10-2011, 06:48 PM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2011 06:48 PM by Corellianrogue.)
Information RE: Microsoft Having A Big Announcement At CES 2012?!
(12-10-2011 02:05 PM)Clemens Wrote:  Nice find Smile... maybe it has to do with Kinect for Windows (which we already know?). This is extremely big if they choose to unveil the actual new Kinect for Windows, in my view.

I don't think it's that because everybody already knows about that and the only physical difference to the Xbox 360 Kinect is a shorter USB cable. (I don't think it has different lenses as Microsoft never said that, some websites just assumed it because of the "Near Mode" update.)

If it's not the next-gen Xbox & Kinect 2 being announced then maybe it's a major new game or collection of games (remember that we haven't heard anything from 4 of Microsoft's dedicated Kinect studios yet including the one dedicated to core Kinect games or about non-Kinect exclusives other than Halo 4 including any games from Firebird Studios which still hasn't released anything) or buying a high profile developer or announcing a new Kinect add-on like that Gametrak Freedom controller that we thought might be announced at E3? Maybe it's something to do with Gears Of War, if nothing is announced at the Spike VGAs, because I just found this recent Microsoft job advert about Gears Of War. Why would Microsoft have a job advert for Gears Of War if GOW3 was supposedly the last one and it came out a few months ago?

http://www.microsoft-careers.com/job/Red...2/1475813/

Also Turn 10 have got something in development. Could it be the rumoured PGR5?

http://www.microsoft-careers.com/job/Red...2/1525349/
12-10-2011, 09:14 PM
(12-10-2011 06:48 PM)Corellianrogue Wrote:  
(12-10-2011 02:05 PM)Clemens Wrote:  Nice find Smile... maybe it has to do with Kinect for Windows (which we already know?). This is extremely big if they choose to unveil the actual new Kinect for Windows, in my view.

I don't think it's that because everybody already knows about that and the only physical difference to the Xbox 360 Kinect is a shorter USB cable. (I don't think it has different lenses as Microsoft never said that, some websites just assumed it because of the "Near Mode" update.)

If it's not the next-gen Xbox & Kinect 2 being announced then maybe it's a major new game or collection of games (remember that we haven't heard anything from 4 of Microsoft's dedicated Kinect studios yet including the one dedicated to core Kinect games or about non-Kinect exclusives other than Halo 4 including any games from Firebird Studios which still hasn't released anything) or buying a high profile developer or announcing a new Kinect add-on like that Gametrak Freedom controller that we thought might be announced at E3? Maybe it's something to do with Gears Of War, if nothing is announced at the Spike VGAs, because I just found this recent Microsoft job advert about Gears Of War. Why would Microsoft have a job advert for Gears Of War if GOW3 was supposedly the last one and it came out a few months ago?

http://www.microsoft-careers.com/job/Red...2/1475813/

Also Turn 10 have got something in development. Could it be the rumoured PGR5?

http://www.microsoft-careers.com/job/Red...2/1525349/

The biggest near-term announcement I hope for is the development of an app where we can map kinect controls to existing games for XBox. The ability to map kinect controls to games such as Skyrim, Portal or any other XBox game would be a HUGE gamechanger for me.
12-10-2011, 10:59 PM
I'd have to agree with Clemens, it's probably more windows based as there's more windows consumers than xbox consumers, hence its a consumers show TongueBut realistically, it's probably windows games, or in particular, a windows game that everyone knows, microsoft flight, so they will probably debuting it with Kinect for windows...more than likely, headtracking. This is probably one of the many upcoming windows games coming out. This is all speculation as I haven't been told any details about it yet.

[Image: thezeeman.png]
12-11-2011, 12:05 AM
i would love to see any event or movie to tell people its going to be boring and not much going on. Big Grin

ive never seen a movie in comercials that is not given a bunch of compliments and 8-9.5 out of 10 sais "insert name" of "insert company".

I just find it funny they have to announce that they have an announcement to make at a show for announcements. ^^
12-11-2011, 04:29 AM
Information RE: Microsoft Having A Big Announcement At CES 2012?!
(12-10-2011 10:59 PM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  I'd have to agree with Clemens, it's probably more windows based as there's more windows consumers than xbox consumers, hence its a consumers show TongueBut realistically, it's probably windows games, or in particular, a windows game that everyone knows, microsoft flight, so they will probably debuting it with Kinect for windows...more than likely, headtracking. This is probably one of the many upcoming windows games coming out. This is all speculation as I haven't been told any details about it yet.

I think it's something Xbox related as Major Nelson has talked about doing stuff for CES and he's part of the Xbox team. Plus remember that Avatar Kinect was announced at last year's CES. I'm really interested to know what that Gears Of War job is now since the Epic game announced at the Spike VGAs wasn't a Gears Of War game, it was some kind of cartoony alien zombie game called Fortnite. It was just a teaser trailer and didn't really show what sort of game it was gameplay-wise or whether it had anything to do with Kinect.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Exclamation Microsoft Spring Showcase - February 29th Corellianrogue 1 271 02-12-2012 03:50 AM
Last Post: legreffer
Exclamation Another 2 New Kinect Dedicated Microsoft Studios! Corellianrogue 0 250 01-22-2012 12:56 AM
Last Post: Corellianrogue
  CES 2012 dirtyvu 0 122 01-13-2012 11:16 PM
Last Post: dirtyvu
  The Kinect Killer App in 2012 Nick 4 334 01-12-2012 05:56 AM
Last Post: Nick
Exclamation Microsoft Have Bought Twisted Pixel! Corellianrogue 4 811 10-13-2011 05:01 PM
Last Post: TheZeeMan
Exclamation Forget Google Earth, Here's Microsoft Universe! Corellianrogue 1 2,136 05-19-2011 04:54 PM
Last Post: Jersmall