everything KINECT in one place!

/ / / v /

New Strategy for Spammers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-26-2011, 02:25 AM
I had been destroying all comers over the last week, but tonight I met a super spammer. I mean this guy must have been on crack as fast as he was throwing punches. He kicked my butt good. Luckily he granted me a rematch. I'm sure he thought he would just destroy me again. I noticed something during the first fight, as short as it was, he would have a harder time if I landed a hard shot that pushed him back. It messed up his super-spam rhythm. As soon as he got close enough I hit him with a hard body shot or uppercut that would drive him back and take his health. He would land 1 or 2 low impact spam shots against me. It is slower going to get the knock-down but I managed to knock him down twice in the first two rounds then TKO him in the third. He asked for a rematch. Gladly I accepted. I changed it up a little. I would knock him back then let him spam and get more damage but block enough two get 2 or 3 power ups. Knocked him down twice in the 1st. Knocked him down twice in the 2nd then he just started swinging even more widely as he tired out. Getting ready to KO him again and he, wait for it...... Rage quits. So, if you meet a super spammer an alternative to waiting for the blocks is to power punch him with a body blow where you bend down and hit him or a upper-cut where you bend down to throw it. It will push them back and mess up their rhythm and tire them out even more.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-26-2011, 03:09 AM (This post was last modified: 05-26-2011 03:12 AM by Jersmall.)
RE: New Strategy for Spammers
i have acutally explained this befor keeping people away with power punches since they cannot block. Personally i have never met a spammer that i cant block and stun.

here is a tip if you do big right hooks, the stun time is acutally less then a uppercut and right cross. this means you can do more damage to him in a shorter time frame and it throws people off not expecting to be hit so soon.

Another thing if you keep doing right hooks, the 4-5-6th hook will get him against the ropes. this will furthermore reduce stun time. as soon as they back up against the ropes they are back to normal. So now you can do right cross and upper cuts for power punches beacause you dont want to move him away from the ropes..

when they are against ropes the stun time is reduced to something like a second so it really throws people off their game.

This is a great way to kill a person that sucks at blocking. i do it a lot in my youtube videos.
05-26-2011, 06:04 PM
OOPS, I thought I had an original idea. I have to remember that the best policy with the internet is to assume that someone else already had your idea.

I usually don't have a problem with spammers since I watched your videos and read your explanations, but this guy was like the flash. Actually, it was more satisfying to slowly bring down his health while he kept trying his spamming technique. Without the block power-ups I didn't hit as hard, but hard enough to knock him out eventually. Also, I've found that spammers will sometimes eventually try to block, but then only block their face. No matter how many times I crouch down to do a hard body shot they won't block low. The majority of my knockdowns come from body shots.
05-26-2011, 08:53 PM
yeah i agree eventually some spammers click in and realise they are killing themselves.

the only time i had trouble with spam was when there was lag. basically they would be swinging like crazy but the damage only showed up 2 seconds later. so all their swinging adds up in one large lump of damage and can mess up blocking. same for the stun can be delayed.

its good to block of course but if you ONLY block its not good either. you need a healthy mix of both to really beat just about anyone. seems like you are doing really good Big Grin.
05-29-2011, 04:25 PM
I would love for you 2 to fight it out in the Kinect Sports arena Tongue

[Image: CrackedDiviner.jpg]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-29-2011, 09:19 PM
It would not be the first time i face him, however i know hes improved since the last time. Smile
05-29-2011, 09:43 PM
hehehe, nice Big Grin

[Image: CrackedDiviner.jpg]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-29-2011, 11:47 PM
(05-29-2011 09:43 PM)Clemens Wrote:  hehehe, nice Big Grin
I'll be on tonight sometime after 9:00 est. I'll tweet when I get on. murrayrjr is the twitter Handle.
05-30-2011, 05:30 PM
I want to fight clemens