everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

New to Kinect

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New to Kinect
02-19-2011, 12:10 AM
New to Kinect
I just bought Kinect last week, so I have had it for a week now.

First things first, I am what you would consider as a hardcore gamer. I play Call Of Duty, Battlefield BC 2, you know - FPS games. I'm going to be honest, I was VERY skeptical about getting Kinect for many reasons. One - I have the 360 in my bedroom, so space is somewhat limited obviously. Two - I thought it wouldn't work well and it wouldn't be fun.

Boy, how wrong was I !! Kinect is such an awesome experience not only for me, but the whole family and friends! Everyone loved it. It's really fun!

Kinect is damn accurate too, I also tried to fool Kinect (which I failed because it's THAT smart) - So you know in Kinect hub where you navigate and the hand icon appears? I was navigating with my left hand, then I moved my right hand to my left to fool Kinect, me thinking it would show the left hand icon, to my surprise it didn't! Sorry if I hadn't explained that well... It's one of those you have to see the video for. Wink

I tried to keep this brief so y'all wouldn't get bored - So to summarize, Kinect is purely awesome.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2011, 04:21 AM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2011 04:21 AM by legreffer.)
RE: New to Kinect
Welcome to this community wazza Smile

Glad to know that you and your loved ones are loving it. What games do you have ? Which one is your favorite ?

I know what you mean about the 2 hands (it does the same in kinect sports !). Yeah, kinect is amazing and we just scratching the surface Big Grin

P.S. Your are not boring, we love to know about everyone's experience Wink

[Image: legreffer.png]

[Kinect Sports Leaderboards]
Find all posts by this user
02-19-2011, 04:49 AM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2011 04:51 AM by Corellianrogue.)
Thumbs Up RE: New to Kinect
Don't worry about hardcore Kinect games, Microsoft should be announcing some next week at an event they're holding before the GDC. (Game Developers Conference.) And there are already about 10 or so that have been announced that should be out sometime this year. (Just off the top of my head I can think of Michael Jackson: The Experience (hardcore for MJ fans like me anyway, lol), Child Of Eden, Forza 4, The Gunstringer, Project Draco, Codename D, Rise Of Nightmares, Haunt (this is possibly a hardcore/casual crossover as it's meant to be a family-friendly survival horror), Steel Battalion: Heavy Armour and Star Wars. Also Heavy Fire: Afghanistan, people are doubting whether it will be any good but it's still a hardcore game even if it turns out to be crap, lol!) We've got a bit unlucky with delays which is why there's a bit of a Kinect drought at the moment. For example both Michael Jackson: The Experience and Child Of Eden should have been out by now but they've been delayed until April (MJ) and June (COE) although hopefully there'll be some more games out around then too.
02-19-2011, 07:05 AM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2011 07:08 AM by wazza.)
(02-19-2011 04:21 AM)legreffer Wrote:  Welcome to this community wazza Smile

Glad to know that you and your loved ones are loving it. What games do you have ? Which one is your favorite ?

I know what you mean about the 2 hands (it
does the same in kinect sports !). Yeah, kinect is amazing and we just scratching the surface Big Grin

P.S. Your are not boring, we love to know
about everyone's experience Wink

Thanks legreffer Smile

So far, I only have Adventures and Kinect Sports (I should be getting Dance Central soon)

I LOVE Kinect Sports, it's awesome. Despite what many people say about Boxing, I love it! I think it's fun, and it certainly made my heart rate go high! Table Tennis and Bowling are awesome as well.

I try to play Kinect Sports online regularly, for 1 hour depending on the situation. What games do you have legreffer?

Wink

(02-19-2011 04:49 AM)Corellianrogue Wrote:  Don't worry about hardcore Kinect games, Microsoft should be announcing some next week at an event they're holding before the GDC. (Game Developers Conference.) And there are already about 10 or so that have been announced that should be out sometime this year. (Just off the top of my head I can
think of Michael Jackson: The Experience (hardcore for MJ fans like me anyway, lol), Child Of Eden, Forza 4, The Gunstringer, Project Draco, Codename D, Rise Of Nightmares, Haunt (this is possibly a hardcore/casual crossover as it's meant to be
a family-friendly survival horror), Steel Battalion: Heavy Armour and Star Wars. Also Heavy Fire: Afghanistan, people are doubting whether it will be any good but it's still a hardcore game even if it turns out to be crap, lol!) We've got a bit unlucky with delays which is why there's a bit of a Kinect drought at the moment. For example both Michael Jackson:
The Experience and Child Of Eden should have been out by now but they've been delayed until April (MJ) and June (COE) although hopefully there'll be some more games out around then too.

Thanks for coming up with that list! Wink

Awesome line up indeed, looking forward to Forza 4 but I'm well interested in the other games you listed too. Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-19-2011, 02:42 PM (This post was last modified: 02-21-2011 03:11 PM by legreffer.)
(02-19-2011 07:05 AM)wazza Wrote:  Thanks legreffer Smile

So far, I only have Adventures and Kinect Sports (I should be getting Dance Central soon)

I LOVE Kinect Sports, it's awesome. Despite what many people say about Boxing, I love it! I think it's fun, and it certainly made my heart rate go high! Table Tennis and Bowling are awesome as well.

I try to play Kinect Sports online regularly, for 1 hour depending on the situation. What games do you have legreffer?

Wink

I got Kinect Sports and Dance Central with the Kinect bundle (with xbox 4GB). I have Your Shape and EA Sports Active 2 (and of course Adventures).

I played a lot at Kinect Sports which is my prefered game, i won in boxing on champ level last week, it was difficult and i really sweat ! I love tennis : the kinect tracking is really good. Dance Central is probably the game that have the best kinect tracking and it's a lot of fun Smile.

As for the fitness games, well they're not really games, the kinect integration in YS is awesome and so-so in EASA2. I'm playing those to get a better shape and i prefer the last one.

If you are looking for online's friends take a look at this trhead : Feel free to introduce yourself here

02-21-2011, 12:26 PM (This post was last modified: 02-21-2011 12:28 PM by meistroracer.)
@Corellianrogue and Legreffer - Correct me if I am wrong, but i remember in the Kinect News that GEARS OF WAR was coming with kInect support?

@wazza - Welcome to your new Kinect Experience!!! What I mean by this have fun as you are progressing through Kinect and Kinect games.
I have Kinect sport, Dance Central, and Adventures, oh just got Yourshape too. LOve YS!! Great work out. Thank goodness I chose this game over EA fitness.

Have fun and once again enjoy the experience. It is only going to get better!!!!

[Image: meistroracer.jpg]
02-21-2011, 03:44 PM
(02-21-2011 12:26 PM)meistroracer Wrote:  @Corellianrogue and Legreffer - Correct me if I am wrong, but i remember in the Kinect News that GEARS OF WAR was coming with kInect support?

It is a rumor for now : https://123kinect.com/kinect-gears-war-xbox-real/

02-21-2011, 05:43 PM
(02-21-2011 03:44 PM)legreffer Wrote:  
(02-21-2011 12:26 PM)meistroracer Wrote:  @Corellianrogue and Legreffer - Correct me if I am wrong, but i remember in the Kinect News that GEARS OF WAR was coming with kInect support?

It is a rumor for now : https://123kinect.com/kinect-gears-war-xbox-real/

Hopefully we should find out this week! Big Grin(@meistroracer If it is it will be a Kinect specific Gears Of War, Epic have already said that Gears Of War 3 won't use Kinect.)