Xbox Kinect

/ / v /

No Kinect support for Top Spin 4

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-21-2011, 05:13 PM
[caption id="attachment_8799" align="aligncenter" width="600" caption="There is no Kinect logo on the Xbox box art Sad"][/caption]

After some really good news that Virtua Tennis 4 is getting Kinect support, I now unfortunately have to bring you the sad news that Top Spin 4 is not getting any Kinect support. But it gets even worse than that! Read on for more information!
Top Spin 4: no Kinect support
When Top Spin 4 was announced in September, associate producer Michael Kelly indicated that Kinect support would be possible for their Top Spin title. He said that Kinect support is:
"Something we are looking into, but I can't confirm or deny that it will be in the final product."
Well, now it's all clear, Top Spin 4 will not have Kinect support. But it gets even worse than that because it does get Playstation Move support! To me this is sounds like an utterly ridiculous move, I mean, the game would be far superior with Kinect.

Kinect would be able to track the whole body and would be much more accurate at translating the body movements into tennis swings, and on top of that you would be able to move your character with your legs, resulting in a far more immersive game experience!.

Kinect also has a much bigger user base than Sony's Playstation Move, so if the developer would have implemented Kinect they could have targetted a far bigger market, resulting in more sales.

So yeah, ridiculous move to not add Kinect support to Top Spin 4. At least we still have Virtua Tennis 4, which does have Kinect support, but not adding it to Top Spin is very disappointing Sad

From 123 Kinect Article: No Kinect support for Top Spin 4
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

NOTE: Responding to threads is only done through Disqus in the Kinect News forum - to keep it in sync with he frontpage comments (no registration required):

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Virtua Tennis 4....will have Kinect support! Istran 0 57 01-20-2011 09:45 PM
Last Post: Istran
  Microsoft: Netflix and Hulu Plus with Kinect support raluca 0 103 01-14-2011 12:07 AM
Last Post: raluca
  Kinect will get official Windows support! raluca 0 74 01-14-2011 12:07 AM
Last Post: raluca
  Scoop: Forza 3 with Kinect support spotted Istran 2 283 01-09-2011 09:52 PM
Last Post: dirtyvu
  No Kinect support for Gears of War Ultimate Istran 0 98 01-07-2011 05:55 PM
Last Post: Istran
  Def Jam Rapstar update unleashes Kinect Sensor Support Clemens 0 147 12-23-2010 06:46 PM
Last Post: Clemens

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Order Kinect + Kinect Adventures here!