everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

On-Rail Criticism - Confused!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
On-Rail Criticism - Confused!
05-25-2011, 01:15 AM
Question On-Rail Criticism - Confused!
Can somebody tell me where all the recent on-rails hatred has come from and why some people think that most Kinect games will be on-rails? Some on-rail games have been among the greatest CORE videogames, there are lightgun games from Operation Wolf to the Virtua Cop series and House Of The Dead series, then there are other arcade classics like After Burner, Space Harrier and Thunder Blade, 2 of which were recently updated (please release Planet Harriers on disc or XBLA Sega! Big Grin) and Thunder Blade is well overdue an update! As well as console games like the original Star Fox, Silpheed, the Panzer Dragoon series (except for Panzer Dragoon Saga which wasn't on-rails as it was an RPG) and Rez. So if some Kinect games are on-rails there's nothing wrong with that at all as long as they're good! Also the only on-rails Kinect games I can think of off the top of my head other than the upcoming Child Of Eden (and the unnanounced on-rail shoot-em-up by Zombie Studios) are the Kinect parts of Harry Potter 7 (part 1) and River Rush & Reflex Ridge in Kinect Adventures. I'm probably missing some (aren't there some on-rail minigames in Carnival Games? I haven't played it yet) but it's not exactly like Kinect is inundated with on-rail games, lol!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-25-2011, 02:42 AM
RE: On-Rail Criticism - Confused!
The only on-rail minigame in Carnival is the roller coaster. Is gunstringer on-rail? But this game seems very good Big GrinSo I have nothing against on-rail kinect games.

[Image: legreffer.png]

[My "Get in shape" Blog] [Kinect Sports Leaderboards]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply