We offer you
everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

P.N.03 Sequel for Kinect?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-21-2011, 12:25 AM (This post was last modified: 04-21-2011 12:28 AM by Sidepocket.)
Even though I think the tech is gimped, I really do like the ideas behind the Kinect as a game designer. My only real problem with the Kinect is the way Microsoft and 3rd Parties are marketing it: A foo-foo Wii-Too device with no bridge games to the hardcore end of the spectrum.

I'm not asking for Call of Duty for Kinect, I just want a Mario Kart in between my Wii Sports Resort and my Fire Emblem.

There is a game from Capcom than when Kinect was announced was the first game I thought of ever that should deserve a remake or a sequel:

P.N.03

Why? Well check this video out for anyone unfamiliar with this Gamecube classic:

And now picture this...

Imagine this game is on semi-rails like the game Killer7. Meaning you either walk/jog/lean in place to move forward with spinning around to turn around or move some virtual joystick to move. You move on a set path which winds an branches and you can chose via your hands the branches at will. Example in video below:

But when you encounter enemies, you enter combat mode. You aim a cursor like in Child of Eden to aim manually and yell out the Product Number of the robot by yelling it out loud.

The kicker is that your entire body is the weapon so you actually do dance like moves to shoot. Push out with your arms for the shotgun blasts. Swing your hips to rapid fire laser. More complicated gestures do explosive special moves.

The Kinect during combat will track you in actual space like in the Forza 4 demo, so you have to physically move out of the way of projectiles and lasers. You don't have to do cartwheel, simply moving out the way will do and if you want to rack up points quickly hop out of the way instead.

I think if Capcom remade this game for Kinect with modern graphics, it would be ace. It would actually make a game like Dance Central a sort of a training tool for casuals to play this kind of a game.

Thoughts?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-23-2011, 02:11 PM
RE: P.N.03 Sequel for Kinect?
Really like the idea of being in different modes, while always using your body. Very clever!

In my view the rumor of Star Wars features seems to indicate that we'll be using our entire body there too. From light saber fights and force pushes to pod racing. It could very well be that they pull it off in the way you say.

[Image: CrackedDiviner.jpg]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-10-2012, 06:14 AM
RE: P.N.03 Sequel for Kinect?
it's like it was made for kinect
Find all posts by this user