everything KINECT in one place!

/ / / /

Rise of Nightmares....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rise of Nightmares....
03-13-2011, 04:53 PM
Rise of Nightmares....
Has anyone got any info on this title, as Amazon.co.uk has it as a pre-order to be released on 25th March, but all I can find is a small teaser trailer for it. Play.com has it as date to be confirmed, so I wonder who is right. Any info would be appreciated, many thanks............
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-13-2011, 11:11 PM
Information RE: Rise of Nightmares....
I doubt it's coming out on the 25th, there would have been far more info about it released by now since it's a Sega game not a small developer. All I know so far is that it's a first-person (I think) survival horror game. Sort of like a cross between Resident Evil and House Of The Dead. (I don't think it's on rails like House Of The Dead although it's possible I guess.)
03-14-2011, 07:41 PM
RE: Rise of Nightmares....
(03-13-2011 11:11 PM)Corellianrogue Wrote:  I doubt it's coming out on the 25th, there would have been far more info about it released by now since it's a Sega game not a small developer. All I know so far is that it's a first-person (I think) survival horror game. Sort of like a cross between Resident Evil and House Of The Dead. (I don't think it's on rails like House Of The Dead although it's possible I guess.)

This. Since it's a Sega game, I'd assume we'll hear quite a bit about it before it launches.

On a side note: Squeee! I can't wait for this game!

http://twitter.com/#!/hazycloud
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-14-2011, 08:51 PM
Sega's website says "summer 2011", so I guess we wait a little Big Grin

[Image: CrackedDiviner.jpg]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-14-2011, 09:13 PM (This post was last modified: 03-14-2011 09:23 PM by Corellianrogue.)
Information RE: Rise of Nightmares....
This is on Sega's website too:

"Rise of Nightmares offers a spine-tingling horror experience which uses the innovative new controls of Kinect to give players the ultimate fright. Using their whole body the player will experience fear and tension as never before in this first person horror adventure."

OK, not much but confirms it's first-person and also a full-body controlled game.
Here's the best version of the teaser trailer I could find since it still hasn't had a public release. (What looks like a trailer on Sega's website just plays the Rise Of Nightmares logo when you play it.)

03-28-2011, 02:28 AM
Exclamation RE: Rise of Nightmares....
First (non-trailer) Rise Of Nightmares screenshots!!! And apparently according to Famitsu 360 (the Xbox 360 specific version of the the major Japanese videogame magazine) it's NOT on rails! Big Grin

http://the-magicbox.com/1103/game110325a.shtml
03-28-2011, 11:25 PM
Exclamation RE: Rise of Nightmares....
I posted this on the front page but I'll copy and paste it here too since it's hopefully good information:

I don't know if this date is accurate or not but it seems so because here in the UK Zavvi have currently got Rise Of Nightmares on offer for £32.85 to pre-order for June 10th! I don't know if this offer is just for today because I clicked on it as part of Zavvi's "Mega Monday" sale that they have every Monday where they have a special sale on selected items. Anyway, here's a link: http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/xbo...69360.html
04-01-2011, 04:37 PM
http://electronictheatre.co.uk/index.php...e-revealed

Rise of Nightmares will launch exclusively for Xbox 360 Kinect on 16th August 2011
04-01-2011, 06:10 PM
(04-01-2011 04:37 PM)BassGuiFloyd Wrote:  http://electronictheatre.co.uk/index.php...e-revealed

Rise of Nightmares will launch exclusively for Xbox 360 Kinect on 16th August 2011

That is good news about an August Release...I hope they have game play footage up soon..Cant wait to see this game in action...
04-06-2011, 03:04 AM
Question RE: Rise of Nightmares....
(04-01-2011 04:37 PM)BassGuiFloyd Wrote:  http://electronictheatre.co.uk/index.php...e-revealed

Does anybody know if it's still due out in Japan in Spring by any chance? Because if it's not region locked and has an English option I might buy the Japanese version if it's released a lot earlier. (Plus Xbox 360 games need all the help they can get in Japan. Sad So I'd be doing my bit to help, lol! Big Grin)
04-07-2011, 04:23 PM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2011 04:25 PM by Ace12me.)
I found this statement on Wed, 06 Apr 2011 by James Newton...Dont know if it is true..but one can hope...

Sega's horrortastic Rise of Nightmares is well on its way to stores, as ratings are popping up all over the place: last week the ESRB rated Rise of Nightmares, and now the British Board of Film Classification (BBFC) has had a stab, slapping an 18 certificate on the game.

According to the BBFC site, the game will release in the UK on 15th June 2011. Of course, this is just a rumour until Sega confirms, but it seems the game's time is nearly at hand.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Act 3 Rise of Nightmares XTina71 7 374 01-08-2012 12:21 AM
Last Post: XTina71
  Rise Of Nightmares Help johnnysac5 12 3,139 11-29-2011 09:47 PM
Last Post: Corellianrogue
  Help with Rise of Nightmares!! Macca84 3 2,188 10-18-2011 07:23 PM
Last Post: Corellianrogue
  Rise Of Nightmares - First Look Tomface 30 4,763 09-09-2011 06:49 AM
Last Post: TheZeeMan