everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

Rumored Dance Central DLC?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rumored Dance Central DLC?
12-18-2010, 01:07 PM
RE: Rumored Dance Central DLC?
(12-18-2010 07:49 AM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  Core: Whatchu talkin' 'bout Willis LOL - JJ = Janet Jackson's Control Tongue

Yeah, Janet Jackson can give her own permission (although the record company probably has to as well, I don't know what her contract is, MJ owned the full rights to his own non-Motown music by the time he died I think) and isn't under any videogame contracts. It's different for the Brothers if they want to license Jackson 5 or The Jacksons music because Motown owns the rights to the Jackson 5 (even the name! Hence the change to "The Jacksons" when they left Motown) although I think MJ (so now therefore the Michael Jackson Estate) also has a stake in the Jackson 5's rights and the rights to "The Jacksons" are owned by all the Brothers collectively as far as I know, so the Michael Jackson Estate owns MJ's part. The Brothers can of course license their own solo music though. (Again, probably requiring the record company's permission too, depending on the contracts.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-18-2010, 03:02 PM
For this whole MJ situation. I hope that the MJ experience turns out good so that it would be worth picking it up. For Dance Central, I'd love for them to release the Alient Ant Farm cover of Smooth Criminal, that way you can still have a MJ song and do some MJ moves.

They also need to release Napoleon Dynamite dance as DLC. I'm going to be waiting to see a video of the routines before I decide which of the new DLC I'll buy.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-18-2010, 08:13 PM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2010 08:44 PM by TheZeeMan.)
(12-18-2010 01:07 PM)Corellianrogue Wrote:  
(12-18-2010 07:49 AM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  Core: Whatchu talkin' 'bout Willis LOL - JJ = Janet Jackson's Control Tongue

Yeah, Janet Jackson can give her own permission (although the record company probably has to as well, I don't know what her contract is, MJ owned the full rights to his own non-Motown music by the time he died I think) and isn't under any videogame contracts. It's different for the Brothers if they want to license Jackson 5 or The Jacksons music because Motown owns the rights to the Jackson 5 (even the name! Hence the change to "The Jacksons" when they left Motown) although I think MJ (so now therefore the Michael Jackson Estate) also has a stake in the Jackson 5's rights and the rights to "The Jacksons" are owned by all the Brothers collectively as far as I know, so the Michael Jackson Estate owns MJ's part. The Brothers can of course license their own solo music though. (Again, probably requiring the record company's permission too, depending on the contracts.)

Hmm I'm still confused, lol we didn't bring up the jacksons, only janet jackson because the song already exists for dance central - I know the MJ game is exclusive so more than likely no other game will have MJ music unless they create covers Tongue

(12-18-2010 03:02 PM)Keith Wrote:  For this whole MJ situation. I hope that the MJ experience turns out good so that it would be worth picking it up. They also need to release Napoleon Dynamite dance as DLC. I'm going to be waiting to see a video of the routines before I decide which of the new DLC I'll buy.

It's good Tongue I bought all of it so far, although I don't care for the Lady Sovereign song, as it's basically just the Satsifaction dance with torch moves added, but the other stuff is all good. Ne-yo's song is quite difficult even on easy because it's all angled except for the abc moves, and if you aren't at the right angle then it doesn't pick you up correctly.

For the MJ game, it's Ubisoft Montreal that's creating it, which is the same devs that made Your Shape. YS is very responsive that it tracks everything and there's like a simon says game that you have to move your feet as quick as possible on these light bars in the pattern it plays, and this all works very well, so I'm going to guess the MJ game is going to work very well. I'm purchasing it on release day so I'll have a review up in a couple of hours after I get home from work Tongue
PS - Here's a good summary of the first 3 -

Here's the 2nd 3 -

This is Janet Jackson's Control which is supposed to released to public tuesday

There's still some crazy moves they don't show - these are also on hard which I tried and just chuckled lol except for JJ Tongue The hard version is nuts.

[Image: thezeeman.png]
12-18-2010, 09:01 PM
Yeah, I'm probably going to purchase the MJ game the first day it comes out. Thanks for the videos. I've watched videos of the DLC before and I do want to get them all, I'm just curious about the new DLC. I really want to try Because Of You, I've watched a video of a guy doing it so many times that I know the whole dance routine myself. The only thing I'd have left to do is get the timing down with the song, which when I see the flashcards will help.

One thing I'm hoping for DLC is that since we have to wait about a month for new DLC, instead of 3 songs, release about 5 songs. It gives more a variety so that hopefully everyone will like at least one song of the batch. If they hire the choreographers to do the songs, might as well make the most of it when they're going through it. Unless it takes weeks to get 3 songs ready just in time.
12-18-2010, 09:08 PM
Yeah I agree, 3 songs is too minimal. I'm sure they made a ton of $ from this game, so they really can't base it off it people are going to buy the DLC or not, they just need to keep it fresh as I usually do a whole run through of each song, but then I'm bored after that...Once you get the routines memorized, the game becomes very bland and that's where DLC will save it but they need more of it.

12-18-2010, 09:22 PM
I think what this game needs is a DJ mode. Where you're able to mix together songs of your choice. So you have certain parts or random parts of a song and have other parts of songs in the game and put them all together. It'd be like the challenges except you get to choose what songs to use.

Hopefully in the sequel we're able to create dance routines using the moves in the game. It boasts 650 different moves so they should allow us access to those moves and see what we do with them. I know this game isn't online so the only other gameplay value of this is asking your friends how they did and try and beat their score.
12-19-2010, 01:53 AM
(12-18-2010 08:13 PM)TheZeeMan Wrote:  
(12-18-2010 01:07 PM)Corellianrogue Wrote:  

Hmm I'm still confused, lol we didn't bring up the jacksons, only janet jackson because the song already exists for dance central - I know the MJ game is exclusive so more than likely no other game will have MJ music unless they create covers Tongue

I thought that your reply meant that you thought that no Jackson family members could license their music to Dance Central, lol!
12-19-2010, 08:25 AM
No not at all Tongue

12-20-2010, 04:36 PM
DLC for 12/21
DLC Hitting on 12/21 - Janet Jackson, Rihanna and Blur!

Hey gang,

There's 3 more amazing tracks coming to Dance Central as DLC tomorrow! Rihanna joins the DC family, Blur makes the jump over from Rock Band and we have one track from the legendary Janet Jackson (Ms. Jackson if you're nasty)!

Available on Xbox 360 (Dec. 21):

Blur – “Boys & Girls”
Rihanna – “Disturbia”
Janet Jackson – “Control”

Already available on Xbox 360:

The Black Eyed Peas – “I Gotta Feeling"
Cameo – “Word Up!"
Lady Sovereign – “I Got You Dancing”
Ne-Yo – “Because of You”
Sean Paul – “Temperature”
Tag Team – “Whoomp! (There It Is)"

Price: 240 Microsoft Points per song

http://twitter.com/#!/hazycloud
12-20-2010, 04:39 PM
Oh well at least Disturbia is on there, I like the majority of Rihanna's music .

12-20-2010, 04:40 PM
Also if they post it early on the game again, we can almost be certain that it's a leak. Smile

12-20-2010, 08:56 PM
is there anyway to preview a DLC song? or do we have to wait for someone to put it on youtube to see the dance? i'm only half way through the game and it's taken me a lot more hours than Halo Reach. when I first heard dance central would only have 30 tracks, i was a little disappointed but man, it takes awhile to go through easy, medium, and hard on each song.
12-20-2010, 09:16 PM
Yeah it does Tongue I've only played it about 8 times total but I do a full run through of every song and it takes forever. I only buy DLC based on if I like the song or not, don't care about the dance moves Tongue

12-20-2010, 09:27 PM
Nope, there's no way to demo the songs. The only songs that have demos are the Rock Band Network songs for RB2 and RB3.

12-20-2010, 10:39 PM
Thanks gusy, will post tomorrow!

[Image: CrackedDiviner.jpg]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Just Dance 3 Judas 5 129 10-30-2011 11:55 PM
Last Post: Judas
  Dance Central 2 dirtyvu 37 2,225 10-30-2011 08:44 PM
Last Post: dirtyvu
  In Need of Dance Central Code PLEASE! MrNiceGuy93 1 330 10-30-2011 01:32 AM
Last Post: SomeRandomJerk
  Looking for a Dance Central Import code (located on manual) SomeRandomJerk 5 900 10-30-2011 12:04 AM
Last Post: SomeRandomJerk
  Grease Dance xboxlips 3 235 10-20-2011 10:27 PM
Last Post: TheZeeMan
  Just Dance 3 dirtyvu 27 2,387 10-13-2011 11:59 PM
Last Post: TheZeeMan