Star Wars Kinect...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Star Wars Kinect...
04-04-2011, 02:39 AM
Information Star Wars Kinect...
Anthony Daniels' (C3PO) latest Tweet:

Quote:ADaniels3PO Anthony Daniels
I have played Star Wars Kinect. You haven't. You can't wait. I can't say anything more.

Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2011, 04:51 PM
RE: Star Wars Kinect...
Wish I could say the same. I so can't wait for this!
04-04-2011, 07:23 PM
woah!!! what I think would be cool is that you could use any object in your hand as the lightsaber. that way, you wouldn't have to buy any accessory, and it would make it easier for kinect to figure out the positioning of the lightsaber. i remember growing up, using a nice metal flashlight as the hilt and imagining the laser part. or you could actually buy one of the nice lightsaber mockups and use that.
04-05-2011, 09:17 PM
(04-04-2011 07:23 PM)dirtyvu Wrote:  or you could actually buy one of the nice lightsaber mockups and use that.

I'm totally doing that as long as Kinect doesn't freak out if I'm holding something.

http://twitter.com/#!/hazycloud
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-06-2011, 12:40 AM
Information RE: Star Wars Kinect...
(04-05-2011 09:17 PM)HazyCloud Wrote:  
(04-04-2011 07:23 PM)dirtyvu Wrote:  or you could actually buy one of the nice lightsaber mockups and use that.

I'm totally doing that as long as Kinect doesn't freak out if I'm holding something.

It might turn out that they actually use object tracking for the game anyway! Even if they don't I think it should be OK to hold a lightsaber anyway because didn't Rare say you could hold a table tennis paddle for Kinect Sports' table tennis? And Sega have said you could hold anything in your hand including an actual tennis racquet for Virtua Tennis 4, but I wouldn't recommend holding a tennis racquet in case you hit stuff or it accidentally flies out of your hand, lol!
04-06-2011, 01:25 AM
(04-06-2011 12:40 AM)Corellianrogue Wrote:  

It might turn out that they actually use object tracking for the game anyway! Even if they don't I think it should be OK to hold a lightsaber anyway because didn't Rare say you could hold a table tennis paddle for Kinect Sports' table tennis? And Sega have said you could hold anything in your hand including an actual tennis racquet for Virtua Tennis 4, but I wouldn't recommend holding a tennis racquet in case you hit stuff or it accidentally flies out of your hand, lol!

The bowling ball is proving that it's possible. Compagnies will want to do the same "accessories madness" as for the wii, even if they won't be as usefull as for the wii. We will surely see lightsabor accessories.

[Image: legreffer.png]

[My "Get in shape" Blog] [Kinect Sports Leaderboards]
04-06-2011, 01:44 AM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2011 01:48 AM by Corellianrogue.)
Information RE: Star Wars Kinect...
(04-06-2011 01:25 AM)legreffer Wrote:  
(04-06-2011 12:40 AM)Corellianrogue Wrote:  

The bowling ball is proving that it's possible. Compagnies will want to do the same "accessories madness" as for the wii, even if they won't be as usefull as for the wii. We will surely see lightsabor accessories.

Talking of Kinect object tracking and balls, lol, check out this video from around 00:35 to see object tracking working pretty much perfectly with Kinect when a man juggles balls and Kinect tracks both him and the balls to create graphics in Minecraft. (I don't really know what Minecraft is though, lol!)

I wish the person who made the Kinect broom-handle lightsaber would re-do it with the latest software (and also try it with just a hilt-sized object) because the great object tracking got a bit overshadowed by people complaining about the lag and it was only laggy because he was using the first version of the software.
04-06-2011, 02:18 AM
Another cool hack that shows the potential of kinect...

[Image: legreffer.png]

[My "Get in shape" Blog] [Kinect Sports Leaderboards]
04-07-2011, 04:27 PM
I didn't even think about the bowling ball. Good point.

http://twitter.com/#!/hazycloud
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Yay! 5 star - hard - Just Dance! fervor 9 901 11-23-2010 03:33 AM
Last Post: fervor

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)