everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

The Kinect Killer App in 2012

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
01-08-2012, 02:17 AM
Guys....The potential is enormous for Kinect. The technology is real and the tech-geeks messing around with the sdk on their pcs have shown off applications and proof of concept that in many instances are more inspiring than what has come out of the game development studios. I am disappointed with the current crop of games. I suppose Tiger Woods will be a big deal as well as any true boxing/fighting game that comes along. Unfortunately I have heard about nothing in development. I do enjoy a handful of the titles but I feel left wanting. I assume most people feel the same way- which leads me to my ultimate question.

What games or apps in development do you feel will turn the tide for Kinect on XBox in 2012?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2012, 05:05 PM
RE: The Kinect Killer App in 2012
i agree there are no better fighting games then kinect boxing right now.

It would take EA or UFC or even rare to make a improved fighting game.

I Would like to see kick boxing added to the normal boxing on kinect sports1.
01-11-2012, 02:51 AM
Yah... I'm just very disappointed. There are some ok/amusing titles but nothing that blows me away. I was hoping Ryse might be that game this year but who knows what's going on there.
01-11-2012, 06:33 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2012 06:34 PM by Corellianrogue.)
Information RE: The Kinect Killer App in 2012
As well as Tiger Woods 13 there are a bunch of other EA Sports games that will use Kinect. Apart from FIFA 13 I've forgotton what they are though, and there's 1 extra surprise EA Sports game but they haven't announced what it is yet. There's also supposed to be an NBA Kinect coming out, but it's not an EA NBA game. (Although another NBA game could have been one of the other Kinect games EA anounced at E3, I just can't remember. Personally I would prefer a 2K Sports NBA Kinect game though.) Also Ubisoft said that all future Tom Clancy games will use Kinect although unfortunately Ghost Recon: Future Soldier doesn't use Kinect that much in the main game, but then again it was probably already well into development by the time they started work on the Kinect features, possibly even before Kinect was even announced.

Ryse should definitely come out this year as it was supposed to come out last year, I'm sure it won't be delayed until next year. There's Kinect Star Wars too of course plus the Japanese games that were also delayed from last year, Project Draco, Steel Battalion: Heavy Armour, Haunt (due out VERY soon I think, I wouldn't be surprised if it was within a month) and Diabolical Pitch. As for other Microsoft made or published games, Pixar Rush is due out in March and Fable: The Journey should come out this year hopefully, but if it does I expect it will be one of the big Christmas games. Also Halo 4 might use Kinect a lot more than Halo Anniversary, I'm hoping full Kinect control or at least a proper hybrid. (Like moving along and firing using the joypad but moving your body and aiming using Kinect, like a free roaming Blackwater.) Plus maybe they'll announce that Alan Wake: American Nightmare will actually use Kinect, or they'll announce another Alan Wake game for Kinect since Remedy said they wanted to make one. There are obviously other Microsoft Kinect games due out that they haven't announced yet since they now have 7 dedicated Kinect studios including Rare.

Apart from Yu Suzuki's Kinect fighting game, which still hasn't been shown yet, I can't think off the top of my head what other 3rd party Kinect games are due out this year (other than Mass Effect 3, although it's a game with Kinect features rather than a full blown Kinect game, and Binary Domain which I don't think has had its Kinect features revealed yet but it might just be voice commands) but I've noticed that 3rd party games are often announced just a few months before release. (Except if they get delayed, but even then they were released within the year like PowerUp Heroes last year.)
01-12-2012, 05:56 AM
Corellianrogue you give me hope. Looking forward to what comes out in 2012. Tiger Woods, Unnamed Kinect Fighter game, Boxing?, Ryse, Fable...I am crossing my fingers Steel Battalion is good.

Heck... Just give me an app where I can map gestures and voice to games I already play. C'mon Microsoft!!! Wake up!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  CES 2012 dirtyvu 0 81 01-13-2012 11:16 PM
Last Post: dirtyvu
Exclamation Microsoft Having A Big Announcement At CES 2012?! Corellianrogue 6 595 12-11-2011 04:29 AM
Last Post: Corellianrogue
  Kinect: the serial killer!!! legreffer 0 362 11-01-2011 04:59 AM
Last Post: legreffer