• Kinect Features: Players 1-2, Voice Recognition
  • Kinect Activity Level: Active
  • Uses Avatars?: No
  • Age group: Everyone

UFC Trainer - The good
  • Detection is very good, especially for ground activities
  • There's a lot of high quality movies that they put in from UFC
  • It teaches real fighting and combo moves, more of a martial arts
  • It pushes you to do more once you do your amount of reps, kind of encouraging in my opinion

UFC Trainer - The not so good
  • Warm-ups are VERY repetive, doesn't mix things up like EASA and YS does
  • There are only so many fighting moves you can do, overall the whole game gets repetitive
  • No indication on how many activities you have left or how much time is left during your workout, found this annoying especially if you have something to do
  • Trainers voice gets annoying after awhile as well

UFC Trainer - Story
No story mode, however it does give you a 30 day or 60 day program to work out with. I still find EASA2 the best in this category for doing programs.

UFC Trainer - Kinect experience
It seems the developer spent a lot of time in this category. It detects floor activities flawlessly for the most part. It is highly accurate as well when doing fighting combos, as in if you punch with the wrong arm, it lets you know. Overall, I'm impressed with the accuracy they are getting out of kinect.

UFC Trainer - Graphics
Graphics are so so, nothing amazing.

UFC Trainer - Gameplay
The game does teach you fighting moves which is cool, however its only a trainer, hence why I stated for my title it is what it claims. I would think you would be able to fight against other UFC people, but you only get to hit their mitts which I found really annoying, it's like you want to use your newly found moves to kick some butt and all you can do is hit padded mitts.

There are only a few things in the game, I went through the activities, which only had 4. One was a do your own thing with a heavy bag, this is where I tested out what moves it was detecting. I was able to see the difference between elbowing and a jab, a hook, kneeing, and kicking. It does not detect any head movement though, I tried headbutting like Fighters Uncaged, but no good.

The other was training with a UFC fighter, but its just mitt pads, a speed bag and some tire thing which I found really dumb. You basically squat down for a few seconds and a tire gets pushed up, then when you stand up it bounces off the fence. I'd rather just do squats.

UFC Trainer - Multiplayer options
I didn't play multiplayer but from what I gathered its taking turns, not simulataneous.

Conclusion
Overall it's not a bad game, but they could of added so much more. It's cool for some fighting moves but I was hoping after you learn the real deal, you were able to test it out on some UFC people, but is just a training game.

[Image: thezeeman.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2011, 05:19 PM
RE: UFC Trainer Kinect Review
It sounds like they should take the engine and apply it to a proper UFC fighting game. It does seem odd that they don't include any fighting at all, you would have thought they'd at least have a litle bit of sparring. (I'm presuming they have sparring in actual UFC training in real life?)
08-05-2011, 04:58 AM
There's a patch that fixes some problems: http://www.ufcpersonaltrainer.com/fitnes...er-patched

[Image: legreffer.png]

[Kinect Sports Leaderboards]
03-03-2012, 11:30 AM
This is my favorite workout dvd out of my collection of 20+ dvds. The exercise routines are so grueling and tough yet so much fun - it gurantees sore muscles, a sweaty session, and an overall good sense of accomplishment as you master the routines. This is way better than Fitness Evolved and I was surprise how accurate the sensor is with my Kinect in measuring my movements. If you love kickboxing classes and cardio classes - you'll love this dvd. It also have strength training routines you can mix it up with using weights of your choice. You can use a time training schedule with tailored exercises or build your own exercise regime. This is a very useful exercise dvd to add to your home gym collection.
Visit this user's websiteFind all posts by this user
03-03-2012, 06:45 PM
this guy ive been playing with called hairycactus1 claims hes the #1 rank on UFC trainer in how fast you can complete it or something. (ive never playd)

yet i still kick his ass on kinect boxing, hes never even won a round yet.

Another golden example of how some people think working out will teach them to fight. training skill vs muscle strenght /endurance is two totally different aspects. Big Grin
03-07-2012, 04:58 AM
Man, I thought this was the most tedious and monotonous "game" I ever played. Sure I sweat, but the voice overs and warm ups, cool downs really killed the experience. It's one of the only games I've EVER traded in at GameStop...got Zumba Rush instead. If you want to get what this game delivers, just get some dumb bells and a list of body weight or dumb bell exercises and do them while pumping out some good tunes.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [8/10] Rhythm Party Review: Fun dancing that let's you be creative! dirtyvu 2 282 03-10-2012 08:31 PM
Last Post: dirtyvu
  Carnival Games Kinect Review legreffer 18 18,502 03-10-2012 01:27 PM
  Gunstringer Review TheZeeMan 4 3,017 03-09-2012 08:54 PM
  Wipeout: In The Zone Review TheZeeMan 4 1,768 03-09-2012 08:04 PM
  Kinect Sports Review TheZeeMan 14 16,824 03-07-2012 05:06 AM
Last Post: Savage13
  Game Party: In Motion Kinect Review TheZeeMan 20 30,311 12-31-2011 08:26 AM
Last Post: bluejaywpg