We offer you
everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

Weight loss challenge 3!! stone down this year - Now with photos

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Weight loss challenge 3!! stone down this year - Now with photos
05-02-2011, 01:49 AM
RE: Weight loss challange starting at 259lbs!
(03-24-2011 08:56 PM)bondbill2k2 Wrote:  havnt been on the kinect for 2weeks due to moving stuff around the house etc not having room, should be back on it this weekend tho. Last weigh-in was 236.5lbs

Ive not been on the kinect much for a while, joined a gym tho go 3-4 times per week for hour or two. Really enjoy it too now, weigh in on the 30/04/2011 at 228lbs Blush

[Image: bbill2k2.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2011, 04:06 AM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2011 04:11 AM by Jersmall.)
RE: Weight loss challenge 20/01/11@ 259lbs - 30/04/11 @ 228lbs!!!!
That is good that you stopped drinking soda i also did the change to water. I baiscally have a water bottle at all times i drink many of those a day.

Water alone can impact your work out and fat loss by a LOT. From experience and what i have learned, 500ML of COLD water can increase your metabolic rate by 30% for about 30-60 minutes. The increase is beacause your body is heating up the water. This is one way to increase your thermogenesis and thats the key. Drinking 2L of water alone can burn about 90-100 calories just to turn it body tempiture.Another fact is being dehydrated 3% of your body wieght gives you a 10% strenght and speed loss (red and white msucles fibers)

When people say you should work out 2 times a day its beacause you want to keep your metabolsim high. Increased metabolic rate means your thermogenesis is increased a lot all day and one of the benefit is fat oxidation. along with muscle and bone benefits if you have been working out.

As for foods you should not only eat meats but things like Eggs, milk, fish, or nuts or mixed nuts are a great snacking opion to replace chips or other not so heatlhy choices. Eating only protein is not a great idea either. you need carbohydrates to acutally burn the fat in your body and so your body intakes protein efficiently.

carbohydrates also have many other good nutrients in them like amino acids you wont get in animal proteins.
05-11-2011, 07:20 AM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2011 08:25 PM by bondbill2k2.)
RE: Weight loss challenge 20/01/11@ 259lbs - 30/04/11 @ 228lbs!!!!
(05-04-2011 04:06 AM)Jersmall Wrote:  That is good that you stopped drinking soda i also did the change to water. I baiscally have a water bottle at all times i drink many of those a day.

Water alone can impact your work out and fat loss by a LOT. From experience and what i have learned, 500ML of COLD water can increase your metabolic rate by 30% for about 30-60 minutes. The increase is beacause your body is heating up the water. This is one way to increase your thermogenesis and thats the key. Drinking 2L of water alone can burn about 90-100 calories just to turn it body tempiture.Another fact is being dehydrated 3% of your body wieght gives you a 10% strenght and speed loss (red and white msucles fibers)

When people say you should work out 2 times a day its beacause you want to keep your metabolsim high. Increased metabolic rate means your thermogenesis is increased a lot all day and one of the benefit is fat oxidation. along with muscle and bone benefits if you have been working out.

As for foods you should not only eat meats but things like Eggs, milk, fish, or nuts or mixed nuts are a great snacking opion to replace chips or other not so heatlhy choices. Eating only protein is not a great idea either. you need carbohydrates to acutally burn the fat in your body and so your body intakes protein efficiently.

carbohydrates also have many other good nutrients in them like amino acids you wont get in animal proteins.

Yep its rare that I have chips, at home I have jacket potato or new potatoes instead, always home cooking too not microwave meals. Had a Moroccan tagine last night and a chicken chow mein the night before all cooked with low fat products. Often have boiled eggs for breakfast with some brown bread and a glass of innocent orange juice.

Lunch times I normly have a sandwich on wholemeal bread, most often chicken or turkey as its more lean and low fat. I also try to have my dinner soon as possible after the gym, been the last 3 days already burning around 450cals each time in around 35mins (HRMs on machines so its accurate).

I try to have fish at least once a week if not more, normly something liek lemon soul or salmon (love salmon) had it twice last week Tonguefresh salmon fillets. Or M&S do a lovely light breadcrum plaice, goes nice with a jacket or some new potatoes.

Last summer-

Now weigh 11/05/2011 225.7lbs!

ME last year at my uni graduation (September) compared to last month (25lbs down)

Ill add a new one every 20lbs I think Smileexpect another next month!
Also going to start this:
http://hundredpushups.com

05-11-2011, 10:09 AM
RE: Weight loss challenge 2.5 stone down this year - Now with photos
Great post bondbill2k2!

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-11-2011, 11:08 AM
Nicely done man, Congrats!

No Kinect in the end anymore? What happened? Smile

[Image: CrackedDiviner.jpg]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
05-11-2011, 08:17 PM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2011 08:19 PM by bondbill2k2.)
(05-11-2011 11:08 AM)Clemens Wrote:  Nicely done man, Congrats!

No Kinect in the end anymore? What happened? Smile

I play on it now and then its great fun but it doesn't compare to the gym or a 6mph jog/run on a treadmill or going out on your bike in a national park Blush

I actually enjoy the gym now and keep setting myself mini goals to achieve so I keep motivated, having found that old pic i'm really pleased as you dont realize the difference without looking, I was heavier then in that pic around new years 2011! Ive been the past 3 days in a row plan to make it full 5 days per week.

05-12-2011, 01:58 AM
you can tell right away in the last pic that you lost weight.

well you cna tell mostly trough your face.
05-16-2011, 07:23 AM

06-21-2011, 08:03 PM
Well I went on holiday over easter and the last weekend was my birthday and fathers day so out for meals while on holiday most nights and curry one night family bbq the next over the last weekend slowed my progress a little.

Either way ive lost over 3 stone now Smile

Check out the 2nd picture in my first post with a comparison in feb to June to see how its going!

06-21-2011, 08:16 PM
RE: Weight loss challenge 3!! stone down this year - Now with photos
Wow, great job!!!

[Image: legreffer.png]

[Kinect Sports Leaderboards]
08-12-2011, 12:14 AM
Now only 3lbs off 4 stone down!

Photos from last week on holiday-

08-12-2011, 12:49 PM
Great results man good job!

08-12-2011, 09:41 PM
cool suff and grats im sure it feels great losing the weight. great for your self confidence mostly.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  losing 3 stone by kinect only NO SUPER POWERS 39 11,728 08-12-2011 12:20 AM
Last Post: bondbill2k2
  My kinect weight loss journey Kendrab2315 52 15,318 07-25-2011 01:49 AM
Last Post: wazza
  Anxious to shed some pounds for my senior year MetalFreak 4 1,044 07-06-2011 07:14 PM
Last Post: MetalFreak
  Losing Weight DJEmpire80 1 1,342 04-24-2011 10:58 PM
Last Post: wazza
  Trying to lose weight sparky 5 1,838 04-20-2011 03:33 PM
Last Post: sparky
Lightbulb My 60lbs Kinect-challenge PatinageArtistique 15 3,055 03-15-2011 10:36 PM
Last Post: PatinageArtistique