We offer you
everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

Will this fix lag on fighters uncaged or other kinect games?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-22-2010, 03:41 AM
Anyone done an install of the kinect games and checked the lag before and after? Thought this might help for games like fighters uncaged that I have heard are quite laggy and unresponsive.

Perhaps the installing like reducing load times might reduce the delay in the kinect games. Just wondered if my logic is floored on this and if anyone who has some decent camera equipment or knowledge about the sensor would like to do a test of the two. Might be better if someone has 2 xboxes or 2 kinects to compare possibly.

Hope this gives someone an idea of how to improve our gameplay even further.

I'm new to the Xbox 360 scene, so don't know anyone on Xbox live yet. So please add me (Gamertag:ywith), as would like to have someone to play kinect games and other xbox 360 games with at Christmas.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-22-2010, 11:33 AM (This post was last modified: 12-22-2010 11:39 AM by Corellianrogue.)
Information RE: Will this fix lag on fighters uncaged or other kinect games?
(12-22-2010 03:41 AM)ywith Wrote:  Anyone done an install of the kinect games and checked the lag before and after? Thought this might help for games like fighters uncaged that I have heard are quite laggy and unresponsive.

Perhaps the installing like reducing load times might reduce the delay in the kinect games. Just wondered if my logic is floored on this and if anyone who has some decent camera equipment or knowledge about the sensor would like to do a test of the two. Might be better if someone has 2 xboxes or 2 kinects to compare possibly.

Hope this gives someone an idea of how to improve our gameplay even further.

I don't know if Fighters Uncaged is actually laggy or not but at least some of what some people have percieved as lag isn't lag in the traditional sense. Fighters Uncaged isn't 1:1, you trigger various moves by doing different types of moves rather than the character actually being "you" like in Kinect Adventures' Rallyball for example which is 1:1. Because of this Kinect has to wait for you to finish the move before it knows which move you're trying to trigger so therefore there would be a slight delay whether the game has any input lag or not since Kinect tracks your body not your brain so can't know instantly what move you're going for, lol! I doubt that installing games would effect any lag they do have though since the part of the game that you are playing at that second is stored in the RAM as far as I know. I know that sometimes games have to load textures and stuff like that while you're playing but I'm pretty sure they never have to load interactions while you're playing. (Unless you're playing online of course in which case it loads the interactions from the other players via Xbox Live.)
12-22-2010, 03:18 PM
RE: Will this fix lag on fighters uncaged or other kinect games?
All of my Kinect titles are installed to my HDD and I haven't noticed any improvement. Microsoft has said that older games get more benefit from installing. Not a bad theory though. And like Corellianrogue said, Fighters isn't true 1:1 so that's why people say it's lagging. There isn't anything we can do to fix that.

http://twitter.com/#!/hazycloud
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-22-2010, 03:20 PM
I'm hoping that after the update to the Kinect, fighting games will be 1:1 or really close to it. If it does get that close, I'm sure more publishers will be hoping on the Kinect train.
12-22-2010, 04:30 PM
(12-22-2010 03:20 PM)Keith Wrote:  I'm hoping that after the update to the Kinect, fighting games will be 1:1 or really close to it. If it does get that close, I'm sure more publishers will be hoping on the Kinect train.

It's not Kinect's fault. It's lazy developers. The makers of Dance Central have said that Kinect is 1:1 so there's honestly no reason why Fighters Uncaged couldn't have been.

12-22-2010, 05:20 PM
(12-22-2010 04:30 PM)HazyCloud Wrote:  
(12-22-2010 03:20 PM)Keith Wrote:  I'm hoping that after the update to the Kinect, fighting games will be 1:1 or really close to it. If it does get that close, I'm sure more publishers will be hoping on the Kinect train.

It's not Kinect's fault. It's lazy developers. The makers of Dance Central have said that Kinect is 1:1 so there's honestly no reason why Fighters Uncaged couldn't have been.

Ah, well then. DAMN YOU DEVELOPERS. I just want more games to be made for the Kinect. There isn't that many coming out and not every game will appeal to everyone so it's going to be tough.
12-22-2010, 05:22 PM (This post was last modified: 12-22-2010 05:23 PM by HazyCloud.)
(12-22-2010 05:20 PM)Keith Wrote:  

Ah, well then. DAMN YOU DEVELOPERS. I just want more games to be made for the Kinect. There isn't that many coming out and not every game will appeal to everyone so it's going to be tough.

There will be plenty of games for Kinect coming out. MS has 2.5m Kinects in people's homes. Those people are going to want more games. But, I do know what you're saying. I had 100 bucks and wanted to get 2 more Kinect titles. I ended up with Motion Sports and Deca Sports Freedom.

12-22-2010, 06:11 PM
(12-22-2010 05:22 PM)HazyCloud Wrote:  

There will be plenty of games for Kinect coming out. MS has 2.5m Kinects in people's homes. Those people are going to want more games. But, I do know what you're saying. I had 100 bucks and wanted to get 2 more Kinect titles. I ended up with Motion Sports and Deca Sports Freedom.

I've been looking to rent those to see how they are. Do you regret purchasing them?
12-22-2010, 07:07 PM
(12-22-2010 06:11 PM)Keith Wrote:  I've been looking to rent those to see how they are. Do you regret purchasing them?

Not really. Motion Sports is fun and Deca seems to be rushed. All in all, I'm happy with the purchase. Both had a patch so at least both are getting support.

12-22-2010, 07:35 PM
Do they somewhat work now? I'm thinking I may do a review round 2 since they are patched Tongue

[Image: thezeeman.png]
12-22-2010, 07:58 PM
(12-22-2010 07:07 PM)HazyCloud Wrote:  
(12-22-2010 06:11 PM)Keith Wrote:  I've been looking to rent those to see how they are. Do you regret purchasing them?

Not really. Motion Sports is fun and Deca seems to be rushed. All in all, I'm happy with the purchase. Both had a patch so at least both are getting support.

Do you have problems playing the game? Like do the games work properly or as smooth as Kinect Sports or close?
12-22-2010, 08:27 PM (This post was last modified: 12-22-2010 08:30 PM by Corellianrogue.)
Information RE: Will this fix lag on fighters uncaged or other kinect games?

The problem with martial arts games being 1:1 is that if you're not good at martial arts yourself then you wouldnt be good at the games, lol! They could do just general beat-em-up games 1:1 though, like a fully 3D Streets Of Rage type of game. (I know the characters in the Streets Of Rage games use martial arts but at the end of the day it's just punching and kicking to hit the enemies in various ways. That's different to, say, Virtua Fighter games for example where specific moves have to be performed perfectly (as in the character has to physically perform the move perfectly) with good timing from the player to defeat the other fighter.)
(12-22-2010 05:22 PM)HazyCloud Wrote:  

Actually there are well over 4 million (no doubt almost 5 million by now) Kinects sold now! Big Grin
12-22-2010, 08:41 PM
(12-22-2010 08:27 PM)Corellianrogue Wrote:  Actually there are well over 4 million (no doubt almost 5 million by now) Kinects sold now! Big Grin

I would agree with that. 2.5m is just the actual numbers that have been released. Smile

12-27-2010, 11:33 PM
that was 2.5 on November 25th. It has been a whole month since then.

[Image: UndgnfiedWrshpr.png]
12-28-2010, 07:42 PM
(12-27-2010 11:33 PM)UndgnfiedWrshpr Wrote:  that was 2.5 on November 25th. It has been a whole month since then.

Like I said, I agree, but that's all we know for sure. I'd easily guess over 5m. It seems all of my friends got Kinect for Christmas. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Exclamation Arcade On-Rails Shooting Games For Kinect Corellianrogue 1 358 09-28-2011 04:18 AM
Last Post: TheZeeMan
  Why is there so few games? doogie88 10 628 09-14-2011 08:52 PM
Last Post: TheZeeMan
  How Many Kinect Games Do You Own... johnnysac5 13 2,129 07-19-2011 06:19 PM
Last Post: CrazinessCake
  Kinect online multiplayer games? nypraise 4 1,608 07-16-2011 03:49 PM
Last Post: Jersmall
  Amazon Kinect sale on games, systems dirtyvu 7 1,896 05-04-2011 01:49 PM
Last Post: legreffer
Exclamation Oscar Winning Designer Creating Kinect Games! Corellianrogue 3 1,582 04-23-2011 06:54 PM
Last Post: meistroracer