/ / v /

Your Shape - It's almost human!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-29-2010, 12:38 AM (This post was last modified: 12-29-2010 01:15 AM by simplymikael.)
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved - My experience with this pure piece of magic.

I got the game today and the way it amazed me with from the beginning is near pure magic.

Your Shape is my fifth Kinectgame so Im well aware of the technology and the capacity of the Kinect. Well, so I thought. I knew Your Shape was apparently using the Kinect tech in a superior way comparing to many other Kinectgames currently at the market but I was still amazed.

Putting the playdisc in the xbox and it starts...
First of it pulls me right in, starting to measure different parts of my body and talking to me about stuff that relates to my physical state.

I noticed how well the Kinect "saw" my body and there was NO LAG at all, I mean it was sick(!). I also noticed some reflection from my tshirt, so I threw it off and just as I suspected my tattoos were slightly visible. It is really me working out, no silly avatar. Although I love those guys too.

You think that's cool? Wait, it gets better.. I have a dog that likes to walk into the play-area when I play Kinect, which usually only disturbs the sensors viewing. But in Your Shape I actually see my dog just as well as I see me in the game. I felt my jaw drop, now that's cool! It's likes the programmers actually accounted for a little animal disturbance. Tongue

You have read this long, then you might just keep reading. Wink

I hade to take a break from trying out the different game-modes, because I am not used to the bending of the knees and hipmovement. Though I am a fairly athletic guy. Coming back to the game at 23.00 hours and starting up the game. And a voice says:
"Oh, are you ready for a late night work-out?"
Or something like that.. It's late so I was like, whoa.. It speaks to me! I've only been playing roughly 2 hours and I feel I have so much left to experience playing Your Shape.

So far the game is really beautiful when it comes to graphics, the Kinect works awesome with the game meaning it sees your every move, and all the text is in Swedish. Haha, yes, that gives it Big thumbs up in my book.

I propably have more to say about this so I'll update this thread later. Sorry for any possible misspellings, my native language is Swedish. Love to hear some comments on what I just wrote from you. /Mikael

[Image: SimplyMikael.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-29-2010, 01:07 AM
RE: Your Shape - It's almost human!
Ah you make me smile ! Your Shape is on my christmas list (our gift exchange is next saturday). I tried the demo and i was amazed.

By the way your english seem ok to me (my native language is french). Keep going it's very interesting.

[Image: legreffer.jpg]

[My "Get in shape" Blog] [Kinect Sports Leaderboards]
12-29-2010, 12:58 PM
(12-29-2010 01:07 AM)legreffer Wrote:  Ah you make me smile ! Your Shape is on my christmas list (our gift exchange is next saturday). I tried the demo and i was amazed.

By the way your english seem ok to me (my native language is french). Keep going it's very interesting.

Thanks! It's great. But remember it is a fitness game all in all. Meaning you have to like to move yourself and sometimes break a sweat. But it's worth it! Smile

I played some today again and my legs are really getting a work-out when I'm playing the personal trainer program. When I get all the moves right I will exercise with some dumbells in my hands because I really want bicep/tricep muscles. Endless possibilities Big Grin

[Image: SimplyMikael.png]
12-29-2010, 03:02 PM
(12-29-2010 12:58 PM)simplymikael Wrote:  
(12-29-2010 01:07 AM)legreffer Wrote:  Ah you make me smile ! Your Shape is on my christmas list (our gift exchange is next saturday). I tried the demo and i was amazed.

Thanks! It's great. But remember it is a fitness game all in all. Meaning you have to like to move yourself and sometimes break a sweat. But it's worth it! Smile

I played some today again and my legs are really getting a work-out when I'm playing the personal trainer program. When I get all the moves right I will exercise with some dumbells in my hands because I really want bicep/tricep muscles. Endless possibilities Big Grin

Oh i'm getting really really sweat in Kinect Sports !!!

[Image: legreffer.jpg]

[My "Get in shape" Blog] [Kinect Sports Leaderboards]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Your Shape Add-ons Sale legreffer 4 165 03-05-2011 06:23 PM
Last Post: legreffer
  Your Shape "Nivea Tone-up" free DLC legreffer 4 194 03-03-2011 03:26 PM
Last Post: Clemens
  The Your Shape Fitness Challenge! TheZeeMan 7 481 02-15-2011 03:44 AM
Last Post: legreffer
  Your Shape iOS app out now! HazyCloud 6 589 12-30-2010 03:17 PM
Last Post: HazyCloud
  your shape fitness evolved help debtdummy 6 1,419 12-06-2010 11:48 AM
Last Post: El Chupanibre

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)