everything KINECT in one place!

/ / v /

Zoom

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zoom
07-10-2011, 08:54 PM
Zoom
So what do people this of this? I think it will be great for those with small rooms, annoying having to pay extra as wide lens really should have been put on to start with so able to get 4 players in.

At the moment we play at 7-8ft with it on the tv base. Most games we elbow each other or hold back on fear of colliding, this device I take will shorten the distance but widen the arc so we can stand further apart and really get into it more.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2011, 09:35 PM
RE: Zoom
we'll know if it works when it comes out. I don't hold much hope for it. I can't imagine distorting the IR grid will be a good thing.

They only showed it with Kinect Adventures. Let's see how it works across all Kinect games. Microsoft has a nightmare on its hands if people snap this up and then start complaining that the Kinect isn't working when it's really the Zoom affecting its performance.

[Image: onlysublime.jpg]
07-12-2011, 05:38 PM
Engadget loved it, but like you said, they only tested it with Adventures. I also think that the videos Kinect records will also seem a little distorted.

http://twitter.com/#!/hazycloud
Visit this user's websiteFind all posts by this user
07-14-2011, 03:07 PM
personally i have no issues with space in room. I Am pretty sure I wont ever need the zoom and well the space you can use to play kinect is pretty flexible. I do play boxing alot though and you really hardly need any space at all for that game.
11-29-2011, 01:42 AM
Try mounnting the Kinect sensor in a higher place, e.g. above your TV before forking out for the Nyko Zoom.