We offer you
everything KINECT in one place!

/ / / v /

any tips for the throwing events in Kinect Sports?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-20-2010, 11:01 AM
can anyone give me some advice? i'm horrible with the throwing events in kinect sports such as with the javelin. i don't know how they want me to throw it. i don't know if it's the running or the arm motion i'm doing wrong. i usually throw around 20-40. rarely can i do in the 70s (and I have no clue what motion I did to get a 70).

i think i even threw a 15 once! i really am clueless on the throwing.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-20-2010, 03:20 PM
RE: any tips for the throwing events in Kinect Sports?
I'm in the same boat. The throwing sports are by far my worst ones.

http://twitter.com/#!/hazycloud
Visit this user's websiteFind all posts by this user
12-20-2010, 03:50 PM
i wont mention my 115 javelin or 100.93 discus :-)
i find running on the spot and throw your whole body towards the screen seems to help and as for discus remember you are in a circle step back slighly then step forward as you throw also with both aim upward when throwing hope it helps
feel free to add me GT= stellakid
12-20-2010, 07:27 PM
does your hand end in the pointing position? like pointing toward the stars?
do you cross the throw over your body so that your hand ends up on the opposite side of your body?
as for the throwing your whole body, are you jumping forward?

if you guys look at the game leaderboard (gamertag: dndeli), my throwing is so pathetic. it's the proverbial, "i throw like a girl". i tried a football motion. i tried a baseball motion. i tried every motion i could think of and it doesn't go anywhere.
12-20-2010, 07:44 PM
Hmm I got lucky is all I think on javelin. When I do the running, a tip popped up and said if you run with knees high you build up more speed, so I run in place knees high as possible and fast as possible and then I cock back my arm while still running pretending I'm holding a javelin, and then let it go taking a step or two forward towards the stars but I follow through, as I learned from golf/baseball if you don't follow through it typically doesn't go very far. But like I said I think it's just dumb luck to be honest. I did the same exact thing and even more power and it went less distance the 2nd and 3rd tries.

[Image: thezeeman.png]
12-20-2010, 11:00 PM
My record in javelin is 125 and i did 117 yesterday, here is what i do :
i run with knees high but not fast as i think it's not the most important part. While i'm running i hold the javelin just beside my head and my shoulder.
When the ground turn green i do 2 or 3 more steps and i stop running. As i put my left foot ahead of me (i throw with right arm) i do a football motion with my arm and my body. But i think this is the most important part : at the end of the motion you have to thow at a 45 angle and finish like you want to touch the ceiling with your fingers (i'm not sure if the finger make a difference)

P.S. Sorry for my bad english i'm french from Canada

[Image: legreffer.png]

[Kinect Sports Leaderboards]
12-20-2010, 11:54 PM (This post was last modified: 12-20-2010 11:54 PM by dirtyvu.)
great tips guys! thanks stellakid, legreffer, and zeeman! legreffer, your description was nicely detailed. i'm a little confused on one part of your description. you said you did a football motion. but a football motion has a follow-through. but you later said that you finished your motion with your fingers toward the ceiling. anyway, i'll try out all of everyone's tips ASAP (sometime tonight).

Big Grinhopefully my days of throwing for 20 are over.
12-21-2010, 01:14 AM
Yeah, you are right about football motion, it wasn't a good description, i was thinking to the first part of it (my bad english i guess)

[Image: legreffer.png]

[Kinect Sports Leaderboards]
12-30-2010, 05:36 PM
Throw the Javeln like a baseball like your piching and that is how i got my 120.63 throw
06-19-2011, 05:02 AM (This post was last modified: 06-19-2011 05:03 AM by bippo the clown.)
my best javelin is 119.06. For javelin, we figured out to hold the javelin straight armed down at your waist or as far as you can. Kinda of like your hand is stuck to your knee. Then lift your knees as high as possible, then throw really high like you are throwing over your house!!! It will have a blue streak behind the javelin and sail far beyond the markings.
my best javelin is 119.06. For javelin, we figured out to hold the javelin straight armed down at your waist or as far as you can. Kinda of like your hand is stuck to your knee. Then lift your knees as high as possible, then throw really high like you are throwing over your house!!! It will have a blue streak behind the javelin and sail far beyond the markings.
06-19-2011, 07:37 AM
(12-20-2010 11:01 AM)dirtyvu Wrote:  can anyone give me some advice? i'm horrible with the throwing events in kinect sports such as with the javelin. i don't know how they want me to throw it. i don't know if it's the running or the arm motion i'm doing wrong. i usually throw around 20-40. rarely can i do in the 70s (and I have no clue what motion I did to get a 70).

i think i even threw a 15 once! i really am clueless on the throwing.
I get over 115 in javelin all the time up to 120m and i can get 70-90 in dicus easly.

first of all take out the book that came with the game. go to the page that shows the exact throwing possitions you need to be in when you throw discus and javelin.

FOR JAVELIN;
basically just run in place with both hands to your sides. I like to start with my left foot beacause if i run the same speed everytime you usually end up on your left leg this is good if you throw with your right. you can count the steps it takes for you to get to the end.

once at the end and hopefully about to do a left leg step. quicly raise your right hand in a base ball throwing possiton your arm back and twist your shoulders to the right but NOT beghind your back!!. in short you

THEN throw with your right arm and at the SAME time bring your right leg right up beside of your left leg and stop your throw pointing 45% twoards the cieling EXACTLY LIKE THE BOOK.

basically you run do a throw that will make you end up exactly in he possition that is illustrated in the book.

FOR DISCUS:
1. stand at the back of the circle boundries to allow you to take a step
2.hold both arms down to your sides check he screen to make sure the discus(your hand) is in good view. then crouch just a bit about the same amount it takes to do a upper cut in boxing but keep your back straight.
3. take a very fast step with your left leg then right leg and uncrouch your body but do not jump. at the same time pull your discus arm up twoards the cieling.
4. stand straight and hold the discus arm up so you are a picture image of the iamge in the book in the throw possition.

if every step was perfect, crouch+ holding discus back not behind back+very fast forawrd step maybe super mini jump+straighten body legs together and arm up the right angle you get a good throw.

the faster you do it with out jumping the better. if you jump the arms angle is read wrong and your throw will not be a green line meaning a bad throw.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Kinect Sports Leaderboards legreffer 17 37,369 Yesterday 02:59 PM
Last Post: legreffer
  Kinect sports app not working? Jersmall 3 182 12-10-2011 04:59 AM
Last Post: legreffer
  Sports stats thread Jersmall 6 2,370 11-22-2011 06:41 PM
Last Post: Jersmall
  Kinect Sports (Boxing) Nick 10 5,672 11-22-2011 06:23 PM
Last Post: Jersmall