/ / v /

can't get winter stars to start

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-21-2012, 07:57 PM
Hi
I have just tried winter stars for the first time and couldn't even get the game to start.
When loaded it says that indentification failed. my only option is OK which takes me to a screen to select a user. once selected it trys asking for a conection but I am not connected to a network. I then end up back at the home screen. I tried numerous times and just keep going round in circles. Sad
Can anyone help?
what am I doing wrong?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-21-2012, 09:21 PM
RE: can't get winter stars to start
(06-21-2012 07:57 PM)Gina66 Wrote:  Hi
I have just tried winter stars for the first time and couldn't even get the game to start.
When loaded it says that indentification failed. my only option is OK which takes me to a screen to select a user. once selected it trys asking for a conection but I am not connected to a network. I then end up back at the home screen. I tried numerous times and just keep going round in circles. Sad
Can anyone help?
what am I doing wrong?

what I normally do when the KinectID functionality doesn't recognize my profile is I go to the kinect guide, do a quick check if it's recognizing me, and then I go back to the game. at that point, it should recognize you now assuming it saw your skeleton correctly when you went to the kinect guide.

if it's still having problems, make sure you do enough profile runs in the Kinect ID setup routine. see the Q&A section which gives you more detail on how to improve Kinect ID.

also, Kinect ID works better if the lighting is brighter so if the room is dark, you want to add a profile in Kinect ID for the darker lighting. and after that, you can try adding more light to the room.

[Image: onlysublime.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply