Xbox Kinect

/ / /

wish i could play all day

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
01-27-2011, 07:27 PM (This post was last modified: 01-27-2011 07:35 PM by kinectamama.)
My brother in law got kinect for christmas and has kept it at our house for almost a month now. Unfortunately he is taking it back soon and I am scrounging up change to buy one for my family and I. I gave birth to my daughter 7 1/2 months ago and have been struggling to lose 65 pounds since. I have about 30 to go. When I first started using kinect (Your Shape Fitness) I would play for about an hour. I'd make it a goal to burn at least 300 calories. Now I make it a goal to burn 6-700. This takes almost 3 hours depending on what I choose to play (usually all the cardio boxing entire classes and then a long personal training session for example New Year, New You.) Right now my boyfriend and my daughter and myself are at my parents house and my brother sleeps until 6 every day SadThe x box is set up right outside his room so he starts a war if I play before he gets up. The baby plays fine while mommy works out, she enjoys watching the screen and seeing me punching and kicking. I have not noticed a change yet, but I have only been working out for 3 hours a day for about a week and a half. What more do I have to do? I am enemies with the scale, I weighed myself earlier in the week and it said I gained weight so I got a little discouraged, but I am in it to win it! I want to be thin and healthy again like I was before my pregnancy. X box live has not been connected to my system in about 2 weeks so my sessions have not been updated and I was wondering, if anyone knows, what happens when you reach 11 sessions during a personal training routine? Unfortunately I am stuck at 11 even though I do at least 1 a day. Any advice on helping me lose weight faster? I am working out as much as I can in this Hell hole and eating so right I never want to eat crap again. Good luck to all.
Sorry for being so unorganized in that post. I should also mention that I am currently on the depo shot as a form of birth control and I have heard many people say they gained weight on it. It is possible that this could be playing a part in lack of weight loss. I am happy to mention that I am never getting the depo shot again. I need a contraceptive that does not include weight gain in the side effects.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-2011, 09:18 PM (This post was last modified: 01-27-2011 11:24 PM by Clemens.)
RE: wish i could play all day
(01-27-2011 07:27 PM)kinectamama Wrote:  My brother in law got kinect for christmas and has kept it at our house for almost a month now. Unfortunately he is taking it back soon and I am scrounging up change to buy one for my family and I. I gave birth to my daughter 7 1/2 months ago and have been struggling to lose 65 pounds since. I have about 30 to go. When I first started using kinect (Your Shape Fitness) I would play for about an hour. I'd make it a goal to burn at least 300 calories. Now I make it a goal to burn 6-700. This takes almost 3 hours depending on what I choose to play (usually all the cardio boxing entire classes and then a long personal training session for example New Year, New You.) Right now my boyfriend and my daughter and myself are at my parents house and my brother sleeps until 6 every day SadThe x box is set up right outside his room so he starts a war if I play before he gets up. The baby plays fine while mommy works out, she enjoys watching the screen and seeing me punching and kicking. I have not noticed a change yet, but I have only been working out for 3 hours a day for about a week and a half. What more do I have to do? I am enemies with the scale, I weighed myself earlier in the week and it said I gained weight so I got a little discouraged, but I am in it to win it! I want to be thin and healthy again like I was before my pregnancy. X box live has not been connected to my system in about 2 weeks so my sessions have not been updated and I was wondering, if anyone knows, what happens when you reach 11 sessions during a personal training routine? Unfortunately I am stuck at 11 even though I do at least 1 a day. Any advice on helping me lose weight faster? I am working out as much as I can in this Hell hole and eating so right I never want to eat crap again. Good luck to all.
Sorry for being so unorganized in that post. I should also mention that I am currently on the depo shot as a form of birth control and I have heard many people say they gained weight on it. It is possible that this could be playing a part in lack of weight loss. I am happy to mention that I am never getting the depo shot again. I need a contraceptive that does not include weight gain in the side effects.

Heya Kinectamama,

Welcome to our forums, and thanks for sharing your story!

A contraceptive may indeed make you hold a little more weight than without it. This has to do with hormones, I believe.

I got the feeling that you may get some results on the eating side:
- Do you eat breakfast regularly?
- Do you eat candy?
- Do you ever eat things (chips, sandwiches) after 9PM?
- Do you drink a lot of soda pop?

The Kinect side:
- do 2 medium-long sessions a day, instead of 1 long one
- try doing Kinect Adventures / Kinect Sports in addition to 'just' the fitness routines, for variety

Mental side:
- relax, you'll loose weight eventually, just keep it up
- don't weigh yourself each and every day. Try not to do it for two weeks
- try to find a buddy on the forum, to motivate each other Smile

Good luck!

[Image: CrackedDiviner.png]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-27-2011, 10:19 PM
You just have to go into it knowing you aren't going to see results right away. You may lose a few pounds of water weight rather fast, but after that's gone it's going to take awhile for the pounds to start shedding off. Just stick with it and be patient, once your metabolism is up and you start to really lose some weight it will be a slow and steady thing. Keep it up!
01-28-2011, 01:51 AM (This post was last modified: 01-28-2011 01:53 AM by wazza.)
Weigh yourself once per month is what I'd recommend. You won't see instant results of course, so you'll need to keep it up and then only you'll see great results! Keep it up
Would also recommend drinking 6-8 glasses of water everyday, and avoid Coke, or other sodas. Try to eat less junk food as well. Because nothing will happen no matter if you work out if you eat junk anyway right?
01-28-2011, 04:26 AM (This post was last modified: 01-28-2011 04:27 AM by kinectamama.)
I guess i just keep replying to update everyone on my goals and what not? If there is another way please let me know.
Before my brother in law gave us kinect I used to run 2-4 miles on the treadmill 6 days a week. That's where the first 30 or so pounds went. That was easy, it's getting progressively harder to get this flab off and I am so not used to being overweight, it's incredibly uncomfortable in every sense of the word.
I drink maybe a can of soda a month, other wise it's water, fresh squeezed lemonade and green tea (make it myself). Sometimes I mess up with junk but generally I eat healthily, a salad with protein or veggies for dinner and fruits for lunch. I definitely need to start eating breakfast. Tomorrow I will do two new things: start eating breakfast and start going on the treadmill while my daughter sleeps (usually from 6-8 if I am lucky). I always want to work out right when I get up but I am just too lazy in the mornings, but there is always room for change in life and I am excited to start this new chapter.
Today I exercised with kinect for two hours and three minutes. Not as much as I wanted, but teething baby comes before sexbox. I burned a total of 590 calories:
Cardio Boxing entire classes (bronze, silver, gold, and platinum) totaling 301 calories
New Year New You- 145 calories
Break a Sweat- 55 calories
Michelle Bridges Get Into Shape- 44 calories
Perfect Legs and Butt- 45 calories

So today I am pleased considering I also shoveled out cars for about an hour this morning, though I do wish my kinect session lasted at least another hour. Tomorrow I will get my butt out of bed while my daughter is still sleeping and hopefully get 3 or 4 miles in on the treadmill. Perhaps midday I will do a P90X video that I haven't done in about 3 months. Then after 5, like every other day, I will do my normal 6-700 calorie burning session on kinect. Oh God, wish me luck. I will post tomorrow letting you all know how well I did SmileSmile
01-28-2011, 06:36 AM (This post was last modified: 01-28-2011 06:36 AM by wazza.)
That's very good to hear, looks like you're being very active. That should make great results!
Good luck Smile
01-29-2011, 04:08 AM (This post was last modified: 01-29-2011 04:10 AM by kinectamama.)
Today was great! I actually ate breakfast (3 egg whites and onions with ketchup mmmm) had a stalk of celery with 1/3 less fat cream cheese for a snack, forgot to eat lunch, and I am still working on my salad for dinner, I think most of it will be tomorrow night's dinner.
Instead of going on the treadmill this morning I got my workout on via on demand by comcast.
Jillian Michaels Boost Your Metabolism (25 minutes)
Jillian Michaels Last Chance Workout (29 minutes)
Jackie Warner 1 on 1 Core (21 minutes)
I have no idea how many calories I burned, but the workouts were very intense so I am assuming that in 1 hour and 15 minutes I burned 200 calories. I actually think it might be more, but I don't want to over estimate because underestimating makes me work harder. If anybody knows, let me know please!
Note to self: buy pedometer or something along those lines and buy bigger weights. I use 1 pound weights (all I have, came with treadmill, sister stole 4 lb.) during all cardio boxing workouts and I want a better workout.
As for kinect today I only did the 4 entire length cardio boxing sessions but I did them 2 x each. Total calories burned with kinect: 667.
Afterwards I went on the treadmill but only burned 100 calories. I was just too beat SadI'm such a lazy slob.
So today was a good day, I burned somewhere around 967 calories, but I really want to find out the exact amount of calories burned for those on demand workouts. They are very fun and intense, give it a go Smile
Keep up the hard work ladies and gents!
Yesterday, 04:28 AM (This post was last modified: Yesterday 04:34 AM by kinectamama.)
Today started out well, my boyfriend took our daughter out for almost 2 hours so I did On Demand workouts, I love the videos they have right now, too bad Comcast takes them down the day after my birthday. I know what I am asking for (aside from a HRM and bigger weights). I did the following workouts today
Jackie Warner 1 on 1 Core- 21 minutes
Jillian Michaels 30 Day Jump Start- 14 minutes
Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred- 29 minutes
I still don't know how many calories I burned but according to a website I found it was around 563 (circuit training).
http://www.shapefit.com/calories.html
^great website!
After that it all went downhill though (drama). I went to play kinect and only burned 239 calories. To make a long story short, my boyfriend simply refused to watch our daughter and she refused to sit and play while mommy worked out.
Personal Training on kinect:
Cardio- 130
Nice and Easy- 61
Perfect Legs and Butt- 48
I don't really think I burned that many calories doing the On Demand workouts but I would estimate that I burned somewhere around 550 calories today. SadHopefully I will make up for it tomorrow.
At least I ate well again today:
Breakfast- 2 whole eggs with 1/3 cup onion
Lunch- the rest of my salad from last night
Dinner- 3/4 cup broccoli, 1/3 cup onion, 1 portabella mushroom, 1/3 piece of chicken, 1 tsp worcestershire sauce (absolutely delicious...so glad I made extra for 2 more nights). Unfortunately I over did it on the mashed potatoes, eating about 1/2-3/4 cup...I made them myself so I know they weren't too bad but I am still disappointed in myself.
I don't know how many calories all that food is but I am pleased. I have not really been eating gluten lately and I feel SO much better, I don't know why because the doctors thought I had Celiac Disease before I got pregnant but they have now ruled it out. I think they're wrong. I hate gluten.
There are 22 days until my 21st birthday and I plan on losing 7 pounds by then. I think that is a reachable goal if I keep at this pace. That's a pound every 3 days...do you think it's a realistic goal?
Thanks for reading my babblebabble and stay motivated, good luck reaching all of your goals!
Today, 06:39 AM
I know this website is about kinect, but I didn't do kinect today. I had a very busy day, cleaned the whole house, literally. At the end of the day when finally I had the chance to workout I decided to just go on the treadmill instead, sort of a rest day. I did notice I have more stamina then before. I ran just short of 2 1/4 miles straight at 5mph. I used to do one at the most then break for a minute or two then do 1/2 mile, break, so forth. I didn't feel like doing more SadI burned 350 calories. I also noticed I am more flexible while doing the On Demand workouts (which I am excited to do tomorrow if my daughter behaves long enough. I need to get back on my game.
I ate well at least, not really enough which is why i only felt like running just above 2 miles. I need to start counting calories because I always estimate.
Breakfast- 1 plain rice cake with grape jelly (I drank too much tea and coffee and didn't have much of an appetite)
Lunch- strawberry yogurt, 1/2 cup of blueberries, 1 granola bar YUMM!
Dinner- arugula, spinach, iceberg lettuce, strip steak, mushrooms, tomatoes, a little cheese, Sadbalsamic vinegar, and almonds (not that good for you, not that bad for you, thanks mom!)
Gonna work my butt off tomorrow, you all do the same!
Today, 07:21 AM
Lol on the almonds, they're good for the skin+hair I suppose Smile.

You are rigorous in your approach, do you have a lot of cravings? how do you get over them?

Keep it up!

[Image: CrackedDiviner.png]

The most complete Kinect Games List... ever!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Today, 05:21 PM (This post was last modified: Today 05:24 PM by kinectamama.)
(Today 07:21 AM)Clemens Wrote:  Lol on the almonds, they're good for the skin+hair I suppose Smile.

You are rigorous in your approach, do you have a lot of cravings? how do you get over them?

Keep it up!

Hahaha yeah the only good thing about them! But I don't really have a lot of cravings. I mainly just drink A LOT of tea. A LOT! I treat myself when I make tea, I make greentea with honey and a splash of milk and some zero calorie sweetener. The honey kind of makes me feel guilty but it's sweet and it makes me happy. The tea fills me up (I probably average 4-5 cups a day) so I don't really get cravings. If I do really want something (for instance my mom made brownies last night and they are sitting out on the counter staring at me) I smoke a cigarette. Yeah, I know it's worse than actually eating a small bite of a brownie. I am trying to quit but if I did right now this weight wont ever come off. I should have never smoked that cigarette when I got home from the hospital after I had my daughter. My whole pregnancy I told myself I wouldn't start back up, but labor is rough and my whole 3 day stay in the hospital I was dying for one, that one has messed me up. SadExcuses are stupid but once I have my own place again and can convince my boyfriend (who smokes a pack a day of the same brand as me) to quit with me, good bye cancer sticks. I am waiting on my own place because I know I wont buy the junk. My boyfriend occasionally does, but it is not even a fraction of what is here. I love buying my own groceries. I hate shopping, but I love picking stuff out, if that makes any sense.
Today, 05:44 PM
(Today 06:39 AM)kinectamama Wrote:  I know this website is about kinect, but I didn't do kinect today. I had a very busy day, cleaned the whole house, literally. At the end of the day when finally I had the chance to workout I decided to just go on the treadmill instead, sort of a rest day. I did notice I have more stamina then before. I ran just short of 2 1/4 miles straight at 5mph. I used to do one at the most then break for a minute or two then do 1/2 mile, break, so forth. I didn't feel like doing more SadI burned 350 calories. I also noticed I am more flexible while doing the On Demand workouts (which I am excited to do tomorrow if my daughter behaves long enough. I need to get back on my game.
I ate well at least, not really enough which is why i only felt like running just above 2 miles. I need to start counting calories because I always estimate.
Breakfast- 1 plain rice cake with grape jelly (I drank too much tea and coffee and didn't have much of an appetite)
Lunch- strawberry yogurt, 1/2 cup of blueberries, 1 granola bar YUMM!
Dinner- arugula, spinach, iceberg lettuce, strip steak, mushrooms, tomatoes, a little cheese, Sadbalsamic vinegar, and almonds (not that good for you, not that bad for you, thanks mom!)
Gonna work my butt off tomorrow, you all do the same!

Make sure you feed your body, it actually becomes counter productive after awhile if you aren't eating enough. Trust me, the way you are going you will burn it off and then some. Most people just look at the calories they burn when working out, but truthfully you burn more calories afterwards. Your metabolism stays in an elevated state for a few hours even after your workout is over and your over all metabolism stays elevated so those calories are burning!

Great job, keep it up.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Order Kinect + Kinect Adventures here!