Kinect FORUM

Full Version: so i heard carnival games is out?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
has anyone got it yet and if so is it worth the money??

are the mini games in this game xbox live multiplayer?

hows the mini games and what is there for games anyway?

anyother xobx live features other then 1vs 1multi player if it has it at all?

I still regret buying game party in motion.... it sais xbox live enabled sure... but really... no multi player???? who the hell decideds to "party"/ group games on xbox live without being able to play multi player.... no xbox games should be released without multi player these days.....
I got it today for 50$ (in CA) from FutureShop. I played 15 mini-games out of 20.

The kinect integration is very good and the menu navigation is fast and accurate, almost as good as Kinect Sports. You can use your both hands and it's working very well. They've done a great job, it doesn't even ask for an update when you first start it, lol.

It's another family and party game, almost all mini-games are pretty fun. I was laughing all alone in my house, lol.

Achievements are very easy, I had 5 or 6 just by trying the game.

I did not tried the multiplayers mode (I didn't even saw it, but I didn't look for it).

Is it worth 50$ ? Not sure, since I played almost all the mini-games in half an hour...Can't say for now.

I will give more details tomorrow (it's almost midnight right now).
(04-07-2011 04:43 AM)legreffer Wrote: [ -> ]I got it today for 50$ (in CA) from FutureShop. I played 15 mini-games out of 20.

The kinect integration is very good and the menu navigation is fast and accurate, almost as good as Kinect Sports. You can use your both hands and it's working very well. They've done a great job, it doesn't even ask for an update when you first start it, lol.

It's another family and party game, almost all mini-games are pretty fun. I was laughing all alone in my house, lol.

I did not tried the multiplayers mode (I didn't even saw it, but I didn't look for it).

Is it worth 50$ ? Not sure, since I played almost all the mini-games in half an hour...Can't say for now.

Thanks for the review! It does look like a fun party game, but almost all of the kinect games so far don't really have very big single player adventure mode, so that is to be expected.

I hope you continue the review and tell us how many of the mini-games you enjoy over time!
(04-07-2011 04:43 AM)legreffer Wrote: [ -> ]I got it today for 50$ (in CA) from FutureShop. I played 15 mini-games out of 20.

thanks leg. You should try out multi player see how that is if theres even xbox live enabled. thats basically my main selling point if i cant play with people over xbox live i dont buy the game usually.
(04-07-2011 03:25 PM)Jersmall Wrote: [ -> ]thanks leg. You should try out multi player see how that is if theres even xbox live enabled. thats basically my main selling point if i cant play with people over xbox live i dont buy the game usually.

I just gave it a second shot and unfortunatly there's no sign of xbl at all, I didn't even saw a menu or a mode for multiplayer. I guess others players have to sign-in before starting the game...so you can't play as a guest ? I will find out tomorrow night with my son. Acording to the manual, some mini-games are multiplayer turn-based and some others are multiplayer simultaneous (of course you can play alone to all of them).
Ok, I found the multiplayer mode. In a mini-game that is multiplayer, you will see an option "Add a player". Selecting it, will bring the xbox avatar window allowing you to choose or create an avatar. Once back in the game it will try to recognise you. So no live multiplayer Dodgy
awwwww i dont get why they keep making games without live muli player.........

it seems they like holding themselves down. beacause, im not buying it now and im sure other people feel the same.

I get bored of games rather quickly if i dont get variations.... that includes having to play a computer. Its either its too easy or its too hard where they can basically mind read you.

I get satisfactions beating a good player not beating AI. I just dont get why the hell they wouldn't add multi player with random players..xbox live is a MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR selling point.... its the REASON xbox is still alive to be able to play in xbox live.... wheres the manager!!! the guy incharge of accepting games.... fire him microsoft... hes drunk on the job!!!! Undecided
(04-08-2011 03:10 PM)Jersmall Wrote: [ -> ]awwwww i dont get why they keep making games without live muli player.........

it seems they like holding themselves down. beacause, im not buying it now and im sure other people feel the same.

I get bored of games rather quickly if i dont get variations.... that includes having to play a computer. Its either its too easy or its too hard where they can basically mind read you.

I get satisfactions beating a good player not beating AI. I just dont get why the hell they wouldn't add multi player with random players..xbox live is a MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR selling point.... its the REASON xbox is still alive to be able to play in xbox live.... wheres the manager!!! the guy incharge of accepting games.... fire him microsoft... hes drunk on the job!!!! Undecided

Carnival Games isn't published or developed by Microsoft, it's published by Take-Two and developed by 2K Play. Plus I don't think Microsoft would be very popular with publishers or developers if they demanded that every game had online multiplayer and refused a licence to any that didn't! (Although I agree it's strange that a party game doesn't have online multiplayer. Undecided)

I've just realised something weird, I can't think of any upcoming Microsoft Kinect games other than Forza 4! (And even that's Kinect optional.) The only other possible one I can think of is Star Wars Kinect as maybe that's being co-developed and/or co-published by Microsoft. Oh, and The Gunstringer as I'm pretty sure that's being published by Microsoft, although the developer is Twisted Pixel. So I've got a feeling that Microsoft are going to announce a LOT of Kinect games at E3!! Big Grin
Reference URL's