123 Kinect FORUM

Full Version: Does sensor have to be Even with TV screen?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In all the pictures I see, the sensor is set on top of the TV or right in front of it. I have almost 2 feet of free space behind my TV and was considering getting a wall mount to put the sensor Behind my TV (but still above it) to make enough distance for 2 people. Would that work or does it have to be lined up with the TV screen? Sorry if it sounds weird and I can clarify anything needed.

Thanks for any Help.
(12-30-2010 06:07 PM)Casmi Wrote: [ -> ]In all the pictures I see, the sensor is set on top of the TV or right in front of it. I have almost 2 feet of free space behind my TV and was considering getting a wall mount to put the sensor Behind my TV (but still above it) to make enough distance for 2 people. Would that work or does it have to be lined up with the TV screen? Sorry if it sounds weird and I can clarify anything needed.

Thanks for any Help.

It can be behind the TV but it has to be far enough above it for the viewing angle of Kinect to clear the top of the TV. If yours is 2ft behind the TV then (going by mine which has the back of the Kinect's base about 10 inches behind the TV and is about 1ft above the TV) you'd probably have to have Kinect at least 2ft above the TV.
Great. That may work out then. Thanks for the reply.
Reference URL's