everything KINECT in one place!

/ / / /

Just Dance 4

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Just Dance 4
08-02-2012, 08:58 PM
Just Dance 4
There's a preorder at Newegg for $29.99 for Just Dance 4. See the sales thread.

Here are some vids:

[Image: xbl_image.php?gamertag=onlysublime]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-15-2012, 08:08 PM (This post was last modified: 08-15-2012 08:10 PM by dirtyvu.)
full track list released
press release:

UBISOFT® UNVEILS JUST DANCE® 4 FULL TRACK LIST

SAN FRANCISCO –August 15, 2012 – Today, Ubisoft® revealed the full track list for Just Dance 4 in the US. Just Dance 4 will be released on October 9, 2012 on the Wii™ system from Nintendo, Microsoft Kinect™ for Xbox 360® and Sony PlayStation® Move for PlayStation® 3 computer entertainment system. The game will also be released on the Wii U™ system from Nintendo during launch window.

Just Dance 4 features more than 40 new tracks, ranging from chart-topping Billboard hits to classic dance party tracks. Whether it's pop, hip-hop, rock, R&B, country or funk, there is something for everyone.

The Just Dance 4 track list includes:

1. Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes – "(I've Had) The Time of My Life" new!
2. Las Ketchup – "Asereje (The Ketchup Song)" new!
3. Justin Bieber feat. Nicki Minaj – "Beauty and a Beat" new!
4. Panjabi MC – "Beware Of The Boys (Mundian To Bach Ke)" new!
5. Carly Rae Jepsen – "Call Me Maybe"
6. Boys Town Gang – "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" new!
7. Emma– "Cercavo Amore" new!
8. Army of Lovers – "Crucified" new!
9. Rihanna – "Disturbia"
10. Dancing Bros. – "Everybody Needs Somebody To Love" new!
11. Flo Rida – "Good Feeling"
12. Blu Cantrell – "Hit 'Em Up Style (Oops!)" new!
13. A.K.A – "Hot For Me" new!
14. The Blackout Allstars – "I Like It" new!
15. They Might Be Giants – "Istanbul" new!
16. Elvis Presley – "Jailhouse Rock" new!
17. Ricky Martin – "Livin' la Vida Loca" new!
18. Selena Gomez and the Scene – "Love You Like A Love Song"
19. Nelly Furtado – "Maneater"
20. Sergio Mendes ft. The Black Eyed Peas – "Mas Que Nada" new!
21. Maroon 5 ft. Christina Aguilera – "Moves Like Jagger"
22. Alexandra Stan – "Mr. Saxobeat" new!
23. Rick Astley – "Never Gonna Give You Up"
24. Marina and The Diamonds – "Oh No!" new!
25. Jennifer Lopez ft. Pitbull – "On The Floor" new!
26. The Girly Team – "Oops!... I Did It Again" new!
27. The B-52's – "Rock Lobster"
28. Skrillex – "Rock N'Roll (Will Take You To The Mountain)" new!
29. Kat DeLuna ft. Busta Rhymes – "Run The Show" new!
30. Anja – "Crazy Little Thing" new!
31. P!nk – "So What"
32. Sammy - "Some Catchin' Up To Do" new!
33. Nicki Minaj – "Super Bass"
34. Stevie Wonder – "Superstition" new!
35. Europe – "The Final Countdown"
36. Halloween Thrills – "Time Warp" new!
37. 2 Unlimited – "Tribal Dance" new!
38. Rihanna ft. JAY-Z – "Umbrella" new!
39. Hit The Electro Beat – "We No Speak Americano" new!
40. One Direction – "What Makes You Beautiful"
41. Will Smith – "Wild Wild West"
42. Barry White – "You're The First, The Last, My Everything"
43. Carrie Underwood – "Good Girl" new! (US exclusive)
44. Bunny Beatz – "Make The Party (Don't Stop)" new! (available on Wii U, Kinect for Xbox 360 and PlayStation® Move)

Just Dance 4 also includes an array of fresh new features and game modes, including:

• Battle Mode: In the all-new Battle Mode, friends go head to head with each other in six rounds of dance battles. During the battle, the choreography and music changes in real time, depending on who is currently winning or losing. The ultimate winner gets bragging rights until the next dance battle!

• Alternate Choreographies: Players have the chance to unlock alternative dance routines for some of their favorite tracks. They can opt for a more challenging, faster-paced routine or more outlandish choreography, depending on their mood.

• Expanded Just Sweat Mode: The popular Just Sweat mode gets a major upgrade with new workout sessions, personalized programs and a calorie counter to track your workout intensity. With Just Sweat, players stay fit while having fun – it's exercise in disguise!

09-27-2012, 10:25 PM
RE: Just Dance 4
Conan reviews Just Dance 4 with Alex Morgan!

For non-American readers, Conan is a TV comedian.

10-01-2012, 10:09 PM
saw a new trailer:

10-04-2012, 07:20 PM
2 free songs for Just Dance 4 thru Cheetos
http://www.justdancegame.com/cheetosparty/

[Image: k13vy1.jpg]

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/10/04/its-ea...t-dance-4/

[Image: chester.jpg]

Chester Cheetah Hits The Dance Floor In Exclusive Promotion Featuring Cheetos Brand And Ubisoft®'s Just Dance® 4

Chester Cheetah Makes In-Game Appearance; Consumers to Unlock Exclusive Tracks through Specially Marked Cheetos Snacks

PLANO, Texas, Oct. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Chester Cheetah is shaking his tail and hitting the dance floor like never before, and he's inviting his fans to join the fun. Cheetos, a leading brand from PepsiCo's Frito-Lay division, has announced the second phase of its two-part promotion with Ubisoft. As part of this phase, the snack brand will offer exclusive music tracks available for the soon-to-be released Just Dance 4 video game, offering fans the chance to dance alongside Chester Cheetah in the much-anticipated game that hits shelves on October 9.

Consumers aged 13 and older will be able to unlock two music tracks on the Wii™ system from Nintendo and Microsoft Kinect™ for Xbox 360® versions of the game by using unique nine-digit alpha-numeric codes found on specially marked Cheetos flavored snacks, while supplies last.

Cobra Starship's Billboard hit "You Make Me Feel" track featuring Chester Cheetah dancing within the game is available through codes found on Cheetos Crunchy Cheese, Cheetos Crunchy Flamin' Hot and Cheetos Crunchy Salsa Con Queso flavored snacks.

Fans can also unlock Anja's "Brand New Start" track by redeeming codes found on the Cheetos Puffs Cheese and Cheetos Smoked Cheddar flavored snacks. These two exclusive tracks will be available from October 9 until December 31, 2012.

"The fall season can become a hectic and busy time for families with school, sports and a wide range of commitments," said Ram Krishnan, vice president of marketing for Frito-Lay North America. "The Cheetos brand is encouraging consumers to set aside time to play and have fun with the entire family, and what better way to do it than on the dance floor in your own home?"

Just Dance 4 is the latest edition to the Just Dance franchise, the second-largest console video game in 2011. Just Dance 4 features more than 40 new tracks, ranging from chart-topping Billboard hits to classic dance party tracks. Whether it's pop, Hip-Hop, rock, R&B, country or funk, there is something for everyone. The game will be available on the Wii™ system from Nintendo, Microsoft Kinect™ for Xbox 360® and Sony PlayStation® Move for PlayStation® 3 computer entertainment system. The game also will be released on the Wii U™ system from Nintendo during the launch window. It is rated E-10+ by the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB).

Cheetos Puffs Smoked Cheddar flavored snacks, the newest addition to the Cheetos product line up, is available nationwide for a limited time only. The new snack combines the favorite cheesy flavor fans love with a smoky twist to offer a unique Cheetos snacking experience. Cheetos Puffs Smoked Cheddar flavored snacks are available in 9-oz bags for a suggested retail price of $3.49.

For more information about the Cheetos Just Dance 4 promotion, visit http://www.Facebook.com/Cheetos and http://www.JustDanceGame.com/cheetosparty.

About Cheetos
Cheetos is one of the billion-dollar brands that makes up Frito-Lay North America, the $13 billion convenient foods business unit of PepsiCo (NYSE: PEP), which is headquartered in Purchase, NY. Learn more about Cheetos by visiting http://www.cheetos.com.

About PepsiCo
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader with net revenues of more than $65 billion and a product portfolio that includes 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in annual retail sales. Our main businesses – Quaker, Tropicana, Gatorade, Frito-Lay and Pepsi-Cola – make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world. PepsiCo's people are united by our unique commitment to sustainable growth by investing in a healthier future for people and our planet, which we believe also means a more successful future for PepsiCo. We call this commitment Performance with Purpose: PepsiCo's promise to provide a wide range of foods and beverages for local tastes; to find innovative ways to minimize our impact on the environment by conserving energy and water and reducing packaging volume; to provide a great workplace for our associates; and to respect, support and invest in the local communities where we operate. For more information, please visit http://www.pepsico.com.

10-05-2012, 10:24 PM
a behind the scenes look at JD4...

10-09-2012, 07:30 PM
woohoo! I think I'm getting a free copy of Just Dance 4! I had preordered it at the Microsoft Store and I got an email saying the order was accidentally canceled. I then got another email saying that the order was recovered and they'd be sending it out for free along with the preorder bonuses (1600 Microsoft points and $10 store credit).

yay!!!! Big Grin

10-13-2012, 09:07 AM
I just played my first time ever in Just Dance 4!

This is just a quick impression. They totally revamped the interface from Just Dance 3. Which I don't know why????? Now, Just Dance 3's interface wasn't too hot. It was kind of like Dance Central where you raise your arm up and down and then swipe across. However, it wasn't as easy to use as Dance Central.

But this new interface is maddening! I'm sure I will adapt but I have a lot of patience. It's really weird. They want you to jab at the screen to preview the song. And then jab again at the screen to choose the song. I felt like those comedies where someone is poking someone else. And it's hard to know where you're pointing because the shadow is kind of inaccurate. Not only do you often miss where you're jabbing, the interface is super sticky. So if you miss your target, you have to somehow get your hand off the screen. I'm somewhat better after playing around with the interface for about 10 minutes. But who normally plays around with a menu interface?

Now, there are multiple ways to do things after you first poke the screen. You can swipe in any direction or jab again. And swiping does work better. But sometimes it's really weird and doesn't do what you expect. I don't see why they had to reinvent the wheel. At least keep the JD3 interface!

The interface is so different than any Kinect game I can think of and I play a lot of Kinect games!

Now on to the game itself, the dancing is just like JD3 so you know what to expect. A new thing is JD4 is constantly tracking your face! You see it in the box near your name like a webcam. Fully live and everything! And it's recording you dancing during the song. But not a snippet like Dance Central, but practically the entire song. And then it does some funky things to your dancing to make it even funnier than when you did it. Remember the Microsoft to the cloud commercial where the dad is dancing and the kid is recording him on the phone and then uploading it "to the cloud". And then they play it back and forth and back and forth. That's what it's like.

10-14-2012, 07:39 AM
Alright, I take back everything I said about the interface! Once you realize how it works, it's pretty nice. The trick is not to track any type of hand cursor. Ignore the hand cursor! When you move your hand around the screen, the box will light up. That's when you know it's selected and then you just do a quick jab at the screen. Really a nice system actually.

And this game is friggin awesome!

The Just Dance TV feature is addicting! If you're a voyeur, you'll totally dig it! I was watching people's vids. So entertaining. Kind of like browsing through Youtube except it's all Just Dance dancing. Heck, you can even give out likes. For all those people out there wondering who gave them a like, you can give me a thanks! Big Grin

10-14-2012, 05:03 PM
Thanks for sharing your impressions. It sounds like you now like the interface once you got used to it, I know what that is like. Sometimes you hate anything you haven't seen before but once you get used to it, it seems intuitive and you wonder why more devs didn't do that.

I've always been interested in the Just Dance games. I don't own any of them, but have tried them and always found them more "fun" than Dance Central. I am a terrible dancer, and Dance Central kind of scolds me for it, even on the easier difficulties. I've noticed I can do better (and feel better about myself) by playing Just Dance games as they often just are about having fun. Sounds like this would be a great party game, and a decent workout!

Thanks again for sharing!
10-14-2012, 06:14 PM
I don't know if anybody out there is old enough to remember Ally McBeal (the TV show)... But the Barry White dance that the John Cage lawyer would do is 100% intact. It's amazing how faithful the dance was recreated! I totally had a flashback to that crazy dance!

10-21-2012, 10:18 PM
one of my favorite songs in Just Dance 4!!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Just Dance TV dirtyvu 1 249 10-23-2012 07:20 PM
Last Post: dirtyvu